TYCO BMW QUARTET HUNGRY FOR SNETTERTON SUCCESS
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO BMW QUARTET HUNGRY FOR SNETTERTON SUCCESS
[Image: tycoboyspresnett.jpg]

Having topped the recent Snetterton test in both Superbike and Superstock 1000cc categories, Tyco BMW will be looking to get back to winning ways this weekend during round five of the British Superbike Championship and supporting classes.

Michael Laverty, who was quickest in the Superbike test session at Snetterton, is keen to put the memory of Knockhill behind him and resurrect his Showdown spot, having dropped to seventh place in the British Superbike standings after round four in Scotland.

Michael Laverty: 

“We really need to get back into contention this weekend after a frustrating start to the season where things haven’t quite gone our way at times. If we can pick up where we left off at the Snetterton test – top of the timesheets after only one day – then there’s no reason why we cannot be winning races. It’s a great track to ride and very similar to some of the world championship tracks, so I’m looking forward to getting out there on the Tyco BMW S1000RR.”

Christian Iddon currently holds third place in the BSB standing after a strong opening two rounds onboard the Tyco BMW S1000RR, but like his team-mate, Knockhill proved to be a small stumbling block, and he too is looking to get back on the podium this weekend.

Christian Iddon: 

“We know that Snetterton is a good track for the Tyco BMW and hopefully after Knockhill my bad luck is out of the way. We still have a few things we need to make improvements with, but we have made steps forward, even at Knockhill. I’m third in the championship, which is a major positive. We just need to kick on now at Snetterton and make it happen again.”

Ian Hutchinson who put his Tyco BMW S1000RR on the top step in the TT Superstock race last month, will be looking to take his first win in the Stock1000 class with TAS Racing this weekend, having posted an impressive time during the recent test at the Norfolk venue. Despite having to miss the Donington round during TT duties, Hutchy is joint third in the championship standings with team-mate Josh Elliott.

Ian Hutchinson: 

“I’ve been riding well in British championship this season and am really enjoying my time on the Tyco BMW. With the TT out of the way we can be a little bit more focused on the 1000cc class and the aim is to win some races. The goal this weekend is to push on from the Snetterton test, where we were fastest, and if we can do that then there’s no reason why we can’t take our first win and a fifth consecutive podium.”

Reigning champion Josh Elliott will be looking to put the disappointment of Knockhill behind him, where he was taken off track whilst disputing the lead – eventually finishing eight.

Josh Elliott: 

“Despite what happened at Knockhill I am in a positive frame of mind coming into Snetterton. We’ve gone back to basics in terms of set-up and with a few other small changes to the S1000RR, I’m a lot more comfortable and ready to challenge at the front this weekend again and hopefully pick up my first win of the year.”

Superbike Snetterton Timetable

Free Practice 1 – Friday 10.15am; 
Free Practice 2 – Friday 3.15pm; 
Free Practice 3 – Saturday – 10.45am; 

Qualifying – Saturday 4.02pm; 
BSB Race 1 – Sunday 1pm [16 laps]; 
BSB Race 2 – Sunday 4.40pm

Superstock Snetterton Timetable

Free Practice 1 – Friday 11.50pm; 

Qualifying 1 – Friday 2.40pm; 
Qualifying 2 – Saturday 12.55pm; 

Race – Sunday 2.20pm