MARIA COMPLETES 'NEV JONES RACING' F1 SIDECAR TEST
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARIA COMPLETES 'NEV JONES RACING' F1 SIDECAR TEST
[Image: mariasidecartest1.jpg]
Courtesy Jenny Trinker Wells

Maria Costello MBE made her long-awaited three-wheel debut when she took to the Brands Hatch circuit driving an F1 sidecar with team-mate and passenger Harry Payne.

The test at the Kent circuit took place in advance of her entry in the Sidecar Bonanza at Cadwell Park on October 22-23, where she is set to make her competitive debut in sidecar racing.

After one of her most successful seasons racing on two wheels, including the female lap record at the International Northwest 200, personal best finishes at the Isle of Man TT and podiums and class wins at the Isle of Man 2016 Classic TT, Costello is looking forward to joining the sidecar establishment.

“I've wanted to race a sidecar for years and I’m ecstatic that it’s going to happen this year,” she said after returning to the pits and climbing out of the Nev Jones Racing F1 outfit with several laps under her belt.

[Image: mariasidecartest2.jpg]

“That first taste of steering with the throttle, there's nothing else like it. It feels so good, but I only got a taste and now I want more. My dream is to make more of this happen with my passenger Harry. What an experience!”

Nev Jones, the owner of the F1 outfit highlighted Costello's natural talent, saying: 

“It was a pleasure to welcome Maria Costello to the ranks of the three-wheelers as she tried out our F1, together with passenger Harry. She looked super smooth and after just a couple of sessions was picking up the pace. Is this the start of yet another conversion to sidecar from a high-profile solo rider?”

Passenger, Harry Payne added: 

“Maria took to it with a great approach. Her lines instantly impressed me as they are completely different to solos. By the end of the second session she had Graham Hill bend absolutely spot on, steering on the throttle. I’m really happy with how we got on and how the test went and I’m looking forward to riding with her on the DDM at the Sidecar bash in two weeks.”

[Image: mariasidecartest3.jpg]

Costello is looking forward to her sidecar debut at Cadwell Park, where she will race a Formula Two 600cc sidecar backed by Dave De Mott.

“This test has just made me want it even more,” she added. “I really must thank Nev Jones for the loan of his outfit and his passenger Tom for his help, my new team mate Harry Payne, Avon Motorcycle tyres, Gear Leathers for making my suit sidecar friendly and Knox for the gloves.”

[Image: mariahdr.jpg]

For updates on Maria’s racing, future events and sponsorship opportunities, please visit her website, which can be found here: http://www.costelloracing.com

12-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Website Find Reply