QUATTRO PLANT KAWASAKI AIMING TO END 2016 ON A HIGH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
QUATTRO PLANT KAWASAKI AIMING TO END 2016 ON A HIGH
[Image: lukemosseyprebrands.jpg]

The Quattro Plant Kawasaki team head into the final round of this year’s British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch this weekend eager to end their successful season on a high. The Bournemouth-based squad have made another stride forward this season and with Luke Mossey already having given them some great moments, the Cambridge rider is already assured of his best ever Championship position.

The 24-year old is currently lying in sixth place overall having made it into the Showdown as one of the ‘Title Fighters’ but having scored podiums at some of the earlier rounds, he’s keen to stand on the top step and take his maiden BSB career win.

The Kent venue has seen him lead more laps than any other rider at the two rounds held there earlier this season and with his Superbike form better than ever, a victory is all that’s missing from his career CV.

Team-mate Filip Backlund, meanwhile, arrives at the final round having endured a tough season in the most competitive domestic Championship in the world. Points have been hard to come by for the Swede but his commitment to both his racing and the team has never been in doubt and he’s determined to finish the year as strong as he possibly can. More points on the board would be the perfect tonic.

The weekend also sees the final two races of the Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship where Ricky Stevens and Ryan Charlwood currently lead the way by 47 points. The Quattro Plant Cool Kawasaki duo are perfectly placed to retain their title but with double points on offer, 100 in total, they still have work to do to ensure the number one plate remains in their possession.

Luke Mossey: 

“I’m really looking forward to the last round this weekend at Brands Hatch. We’ve had some good times there already this year so I’m going to be digging deep and going all out for my first ever British Superbike win. With three races, we’ve got three bites of the cherry so I can’t wait to get going.”

Filip Backlund: 

“I’m travelling to Brands Hatch for the final round to do my absolute best and finish the season as strong as possible. It’s always sad when the season comes to an end but I’ve had some heavy crashes during 2016 so the up and coming break comes at a good time too. My aim is to have a good final round and come back stronger than ever in 2017!”

Pete Extance, Team Owner: 

“The team is in buoyant mood heading into the final BSB round of 2016 and Luke is definitely looking to take a much deserved win in the last three races of the Showdown. For Filip, it’s about scoring points but for Ricky and Ryan there is a championship to win and two solid finishes should be enough. A big thank you to all our sponsors in 2016 as without them we wouldn’t be racing.”

The first Superbike race takes place at 15.45 on Saturday with the final two races of 2016 due to get underway on Sunday at 13.15 and 16.00 respectively.

[Image: quattroplantlogo.jpg]

13-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Website Find Reply