Positive first day for Ducati Team riders in Valencia Grand Prix free practice
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Positive first day for Ducati Team riders in Valencia Grand Prix free practice
[Image: ducatimediahdr.jpg]

Both Ducati Team riders got off to a positive start on the first day of free practice action at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit on the outskirts of Valencia.

After today’s two free practice sessions Andrea Dovizioso was classified in fifth position with a time of 1’31.066, while his team-mate Andrea Iannone finished FP2 in seventh with a best lap of 1’31.189.

In the morning’s first free practice run, Dovizioso set fourth fastest time in 1’31.532 with Iannone finishing in tenth place with a time of 1’32.265.

[Image: dovivalenciafp1.jpg]

Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team #04) – 1’31.066 (5th)

“I am pleased because today we started off on the right foot, with confirmation of the good feeling that I have had with the bike in the last few races. Valencia is still a bit of a tough track for us, but we are working to improve our performance. We have to intervene on the set-up to allow the bike to give me a better corner exit performance, but all things considered for me it was a good Friday.”

Andrea Iannone (Ducati Team #29) – 1’31.189 (7th)

“For sure we made a big step forward from this morning: we improved a lot and so I am quite satisfied. Here at Valencia however we are struggling a bit because the bike doesn’t turn the way I would like it to and as I have to increase lean angle to get it to turn, in the end the tyre is put under more stress and I lose grip. We are working on this aspect and, even though for the moment we are half-a-second away from the leaders, our race pace is quite good.”
11-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Website Find Reply