EASTON ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM RACING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
EASTON ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM RACING
[Image: ratboyretires.jpg]

Double British Supersport champion Stuart Easton has announced his retirement from racing, after a career in the British Championship spanning 18 years.

‘Ratboy’ has celebrated British Supersport Championship titles in 2002 and most recently in 2013 after a ferocious battle with Alastair Seeley. Easton from Hawick, has lined up in 260 British Championship races, winning 28 and has claimed a further 25 MCE BSB podium finishes during his career after overcoming potentially career-ending injuries to return to the top step of the podium.

Speaking on the decision Stuart said: 

"I would just like to say thank you to everyone for all of the messages and well wishes. I also would like to thank everyone who has made all of the achievements during my career possible and have supported my racing. That includes all of the fans, sponsors, teams, and of course the marshals and medics who have looked after me a few times too!"

MCE British Superbike Championship Series Director Stuart Higgs commented: 

“Stuart has been an established part of the British Championship. On his day he was one of most immaculate riders around emulating his fellow Scot, the much missed Steve Hislop. His recovery from life and career-threatening injuries demonstrated a toughness often hidden by his introvert personality and his two British Supersport Championship crowns were thoroughly deserved. Good luck for the future Ratboy!”  

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
15-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Website Find Reply