The Sulby Glen Hotel Has been named Okells
Pub of the Year, for the best broozer on the
Isle of Man.
The pubs selected were measured on quality and
presentation of beer, staff helpfulness and
friendliness, cleaniness and the general
environment.

Well I'm sure many of you who know Rosie and
Eddie will agree they fully deserve this award.
They certainly look after a rider if they broke
down ! As I know, my rider decided to stop there
on the last practise session in MGP 1999, was
well fed and lubricated on Rosie's best beer !
And I went without my meal out that night !!

Congradulations Rosie and Eddie !
03-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Belated Congradulations to Sulby Glen Hotel
My wife and I are booked in there for this year's TT. I look forward to shifting a few pints. I hope the wines are good as Viginia (Der Big Boss) won't drink beer!!
Congratulations for the award and thanks to Helen for recommending the 'Glen.
04-02-2004, 08:58 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just confirms what we regulars already knew! This is why I have been going there (and staying near!) for so many years. Each year, I look forward to a) seeing everyone again b) A lovely pint of Bushys Export C) the first bike past the front door at speed d) one of those rib eye steaks!
Its true to say that when Pamela and I think of the Island, the Sulby is the image that first comes to mind...
Getting soppy now!
Roll on May 29th.
See you there!!
Mike
04-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got my air tickets clutched to my heart here...Rosie stocks excellent wine, Chris...I look forward to a drinkie or two with you all there.
04-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you all, for your Congratulations and Best wishes, The best compliment you can give us is to keep coming back. We love to see you all. The year would not be complete with out all the bikers not only during the T.T. & M.G.P but those who pop in all year around. It is your votes that got us the award, what we say is it shows what caliber of drinkers we get in the Sulby, our drinkers will only drink good beer, and to us thats Top Class Drinkers.
On that note: Fund raising for the Rescue helicopter Sat. 13th March. As many local riders as possible please, If you let us know, we will arrange a bus from Douglas, but we must know how many need it, " Come on, you all need a good night out!!!!"
And Gail why did you go without your meal that night ?? we would have feed you as well.
Thanks again for all your best wishes and congratulations for both the award and our lovely new Grandson Jake. Grandchild number 9.
05-02-2004, 09:49 PM