Folger and Zarco back in the groove on first day of Phillip Island test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Folger and Zarco back in the groove on first day of Phillip Island test
[Image: tech3blackhdr.jpg]

The exciting Monster Yamaha Tech3 duo leapt into action today as they positively kicked off the second 2017 pre-season test aboard their Yamaha YZR-M1 MotoGP bikes in Australia in sunny yet windy conditions. Jonas Folger carried on his notable form over the winter to conclude the day as the leading rookie and only 0.652 back from the top three. Whereas Johann Zarco built up his pace before powering to a personal best on his 77th lap, which left him less than three tenths from his teammate. Both riders seek to make further headway tomorrow where they will continue to gather experience at the iconic circuit with the action beginning at 09:45 local time.

Jonas Folger - Position: 10th Time : 1'30.578 Laps: 62 

"I am quite happy with the outcome of today and we collected some important information, even if it was a bit tricky because of the wind, but fortunately, the weather improved in the afternoon. I set a solid lap time in the morning and then after that, we started to experiment with the bike setting and the tyres. Towards the end of the session, the Yamaha started to feel a bit light at the front, so now we have to analyse why this is happening and see whether it is because of my riding or the setting. Nevertheless, the team and I took a lot of data and we feel positive which sets us up well for tomorrow and we will continue to do our best when we get back on the track."

Johann Zarco - Position: 15th Time: 1'30.867 Laps: 80 

"The first day at Phillip Island went positively for me and I am looking forward to getting back on the Yamaha YZR-M1 tomorrow. The conditions were really good and the temperature was warm which meant that I could complete a lot of laps. I must admit that I was not fully confident at this circuit because I have fallen a few times in Moto2 in the previous years, so the main task for today was to keep riding in order to feel more comfortable. We did not adjust too many technical aspects because I just ran some distance but step by step I am improving and feeling more positive. So overall, today was encouraging but we have work to do on Thursday and Friday."

[Image: folgertestingatPI.jpg]
Jonas Folger
15-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Website Find Reply