John McPhee - Testing in Spain
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
John McPhee - Testing in Spain
[Image: johnmcpheelogo.jpg]

Hi everyone,

Well it feels like the 2017 season has now really begun, following some great training over the last few weeks out here in Spain and now my first two days testing on the new bike at Valencia.

I’m really glad to be back on a bike with the target of the World Championship ahead of me once again.

I had a longer off-season than usual following my enforced break with the tumble in Australia. I had to be satisfied watching out the Malaysian and Valencia Grands Prix whilst convalescing in sunny Melbourne. On the positive side I’ve always enjoyed the country and the people, who always seem to have a great love for life. Having spent a few weeks there exploring and enjoying some great hospitality, it feels a bit like my second home now!

After returning to the UK I had to take it easy over the winter as I wasn’t allowed to start training again properly until part way through January in the new year.

Come January I was back to Spain and out on the motocross/Supermoto bike and doing some cycling to get back in shape. I joined Alberto Puig and the Asia Talent riders at a training camp for a few days for a hard push before getting back to Moto 3 again. We spent each morning on the bicycle doing some long rides with lots of climbs. Then it was motocross drills in the afternoons with some really different but fun techniques.

The new British Talent Team has come together quickly and we were all working really well together at our first test in Valencia last week. I feel at home with the new team already and this makes it very exciting going into the new season with them!

[Image: johnmcpheetesting1.jpg]

The weather wasn’t great in Valencia as it was quite cold and on the first day and there was a strong wind, which you often get at this circuit. I did over 50 laps each day, so we had some solid track time to get used to the new bike and used the time to really just get a feel for everything again. The new Honda felt really good from the moment I got on and by the end of the second day I was feeling very comfortable with all we had achieved and learnt.

I was also very happy with my own levels of fitness and after the two days on the bike I still felt strong, so I don’t think my fitness levels have dropped as much as I thought they might have.

To match the new bike I’ve also got some great new leathers from Macna, Who have looked after me very well.

So all in all I’m really looking forward to the next test in Jerez next week. Until then I’ve got a chance to do some more training here in Spain and really try to get back to full fitness.

Thanks for following how I’m doing and we’ll keep you up-to-date with how things go here on my website, on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram.

My best wishes to you all, and thanks as always for your fantastic support,

John
19-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Website Find Reply