Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Built for Speed - By John McGuinness
[Image: builtforspeedbook.jpg]

Built for Speed Hardcover – 4 May 2017
by John McGuinness (Author)

Hardcover: 320 pages

‘Then I was there: the smells, the noise and the speed were all there for me to take in. It was like a massive injection in my head. I knew I was going to be a TT rider. I didn’t know how or what I was going to have to do to achieve this, and I knew my dad wasn’t going to be keen.  Everyone around me knew the dangers, but I knew I had to do it.'

John McGuinness is one of the all-time giants of road racing. With 23 TT titles under his belt, he is a hero in the sport, but has also been billed as the most versatile rider in the world.

His autobiography tells the whole story, from his humble beginnings in Morecambe and getting his first bike at the age of 3, to working as a bricklayer and cockle fisherman before deciding to follow his dream, and finally to his many victories in the most dangerous sporting event on the planet. He tells of what it takes to be a champion in such an exacting sport, and to keep winning even though all logic tells you to stop – and when so many of your fellow racers are paying the ultimate price for doing it. This thrilling autobiography gets into the head of the man who stares death in the face, and doesn't even flinch.

Pre-order Price Guarantee: order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)

Book Description
From the TT legend comes a story about living on the very edge.

About the Author
John is best known as one of the most successful Isle of Man TT champions in history, with 23 titles to his name. He was also the first person to break through the 130mph barrier and in 2015 set the current lap record of 132.701 mph.

He lives in his home town of Morecambe with his wife Becky and their two children.

24-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Website Find Reply