Jorge Lorenzo finishes eighth on second day of MotoGP testing at Losail
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jorge Lorenzo finishes eighth on second day of MotoGP testing at Losail
[Image: ducatimediahdr.jpg]

Jorge Lorenzo finishes eighth on second day of MotoGP testing at Losail with Andrea Dovizioso in thirteenth

Jorge Lorenzo and Andrea Dovizioso were classified in eighth and thirteenth place respectively at the end of the second day of MotoGP testing taking place at the Losail International Circuit in Qatar.

The Ducati Team’s Spanish rider completed a total of 53 laps and set his quickest time of the day in 1’55.344 on lap 10, while his Italian team-mate recorded a time of 1’55.583 on the 35th of the 42 laps he did today.

In the second part of the session, Dovizioso also did a few laps with a new front fairing, which has an innovative aerodynamic shape.

Tomorrow’s final day of testing starts at 16.00 local time and finishes at 23.00 in the evening (CET +2).

[Image: lorenzoatqatar.jpg]

Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 53 laps – 1’55.344 (8th)

“It’s not very easy to draw conclusions from today, also because I was one of the few riders who did not use the soft tyre, with which I could have probably made a significant improvement on my time. At any rate one of the positive things from this session is that we have improved on yesterday’s time by three-tenths of a second. Regarding the settings, today we didn’t try anything significant, but we still have some things planned which we will test tomorrow. In general I’m quite satisfied with the small progress we are making every day and tomorrow we will try and get the best out of the soft tyres to improve our times.”

Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team #04) – 42 laps – 1’55.583 (13th)

“Today was an unusual day because we encountered conditions that were very different from yesterday, both with the humidity and the track grip, but in my opinion it was in any case very important to also lap in this situation. For sure today was more difficult than yesterday, and we used all the session to do a lot of tests and even though the times were not so good in the final classification, it was a very productive day. In the evening I also did a couple of exits with the new fairing: in my opinion, our engineers have done a great job because it wasn’t easy to create a certain aerodynamic downforce without using the winglets. Now we are weighing up the pros and cons before we take a decision and also work out the tracks where this solution can give the biggest advantages.”
12-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Website Find Reply