manx riders allowed in the senior
Anonymous
Unregistered

manx riders allowed in the senior
I see this year riders that want to use the the production as practice for the MGP will also be allowed to do the senior on their proddy bikes this year and still be ok for the MGP. As long as their bikes adhere to proddy rules (tyres and exhausts .......) they can do the senior and have no probs for this years manx. What a load of tosh. ok for the rich and begger every other rider .
23-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: manx riders allowed in the senior
This is getting extremely silly
24-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does this mean if they scrap the Supersport 400 TT in the Future I will be allowed to return to Ride in the Ultra Lightweight Manx on my 400 Machine , I think Not.......,.
25-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the Real World Riders from the Manx who are still competeing should not be allowed in the TT full stop. I would love to ride in both events every Year on my 400 maybe I should try for an Entry in both this Year..... I think it gives those with the budget to do both an unfair advantage above those who cant afford both.....
25-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been reading this thread with interest.

At the end of the day, since the Manx Club now have control of both races, it's down to them to get their act together, sensibly, and no doubt they will.

BUT - they should remember that the comparatively relaxed atmosphere of the Manx provides an ideal introduction to racing on the Mountain.

Every effort should therefore be made to make the maximum number of starting places available to "beginners" AND those who wish to continue in the Manx for a while.

To this end, therefore, I think that the rule should be that ANYONE who starts in a TT race, production or whatever, should not then be eligible for the Manx GP "modern" races.

From the annual reports of "over-subscription" of MGP Entry Lists,I don't think that the Manx GP would suffer if this were to be done.
25-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I Agree with you Ago and Larry.

Lets hope the Manx Motor Cycle Club go the right
way about changing some of the present TT rules
and keep the Manx Grand Prix as it is at present.

I'm sad that some are just giving up on the two
strokes after all they are still used in Grand
Prixs and European rounds, also elsewhere.
I also gather they are still making 125's, brand
new one due out in May.
And to think that they are going to get rid of
400's as well - very popular at the UK club meetings, it seems that they get rid of popular
classes and in some cases don't bother to do
enough 'PR' for new classes or popular ones.

Lets have it TT or MGP NOT BOTH !!
26-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re TT/MGP not both, with exception of TT riders
only being allowed to do classic.
26-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't want to mention Classics specifically, Gail, or people would have said "He would say that wouldn't he?", but I did say "modern" MGP races!!!
26-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK Larry !! See you at North West 200 !
Not long now !
26-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you received the regs for the NW?
26-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: manx riders wecolme to the IOM clubmans
That all the TT is Now, A Clubmans meeting,why do you think the big teams have gone, do you see them at any othet clubmans meeting NO.
26-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does the TT need the big teams Colin?

Especially given their sometimes undesirable attitudes?

Ask Jo Rowe!!
26-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

let us not forget that even if you have practiced for the other races and not started the race you still are banned from the MGP and no the manx wont suffer but the TT WILL .Proddy riders down by what ? 30- 40% and back to the problem of last years Senior. ie alot of riders pulling out because of the manx rule. So in that case we'll begger up the amnx a bit more to keep the TT busy and happy!!!
26-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Larry the TT was the race to win and it was known for the class of its riders, what would of happened if the likes of Moody,Lougher,Rutter and the likes were allowed to do the MGP as a practice
27-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someone cant spell welcome!!!!!
27-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Colin, the TT doesn't fit in with the modern "show business" approach of these teams.

Turn up,race, get the money and run - and the shorter the time it takes the better.

And while you're there, make sure that everybody knows that you're THE dog's bull locks.

Like I said, who needs them??
27-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are we sure this rule is now matter of fact? I recently asked David Cretney and Mike Ball this, having herd the rumour a while back, and they confirmed to me that this had been a consideration, but nothing had been decided on.

The descision obviously lay with the Manx Motor Cycle Club. I am presuming that they have now decided that this will be the case?

Paul
27-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Having spent last 2 months in hospital,can someone please bring me up 2 date ,on TT 2004 ,format ect ,before i book.cheers barnesie.
27-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED YOU EITHER RACE TT RACES OR GRAND PRIX RACES. NOT BOTH!! I SEE IT AS A VERY UNFAIR ADVANTAGE DOING A PRODDY RACE FOR A PRACTICE READY FOR THE MANX, IN MY EYES ITS CHEETING THE SYSTEM!! THE RULE WHICH ALLOWS THIS CHEETING TO HAPPEN SHOULD BE CHANGED!!!
06-03-2004, 07:58 PM