CRUTCHLOW TO START FROM THE FRONT ROW IN ARGENTINA
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW TO START FROM THE FRONT ROW IN ARGENTINA
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow produced a superb performance to secure a place on the front row for the Argentina Grand Prix as rain again played a major role in the opening stages of the new MotoGP World Championship season. Crutchlow demonstrated his aptitude in wet conditions as he came through Saturday’s soggy qualifying session to claim third place on the grid for Sunday’s race.

The Briton went fastest in Saturday morning’s free practice session as he laid down a marker at the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit, but wet weather then essentially ensured that qualifying was defined by Friday’s practice with the likes of Ducati pair Andrea Dovizioso and Jorge Lorenzo missing out on Q1.

Crutchlow was just edged out of second spot by surprise package Karel Abraham, but the LCR Honda man will take his place on the front row alongside the Czech and Marc Marquez who claimed pole position for the fourth consecutive season in Argentina. 

#35 Cal Crutchlow - (3rd - 1’48.278)

“I went to the best of my package and the best of my ability in those conditions. But I believe I am faster than that in these conditions, the settings were not perfect and I made a few mistakes on that lap.

“But Marc (Marquez) did a good job, and also Karel (Abraham) - it’s nice to have a bit of a different front row. Here in Argentina, it’s always a special circuit to ride at and I think the crowd were entertained today with a dry practice and a wet one. Hopefully we can perform well again tomorrow in the race.”

[Image: crutchlowargentinaquali.jpg]

09-04-2017, 11:57 AM
Website Find Reply