PODIUM BONANZA FOR TYCO BMW AT BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
PODIUM BONANZA FOR TYCO BMW AT BRANDS HATCH
[Image: iddonatbrands.jpg]

Tyco BMW secured four podiums from four starts over the Easter weekend at Brands Hatch during the second round of British championship action. Ian Hutchinson’s National 1000cc Superstock win, after his third place in Saturday’s race, was ably backed up by a terrific podium double from Christian Iddon in the British Superbike class. Iddon took third place in race one and second place in BSB race two, making it three podiums from four starts this season.

Both men now hold third place in their respective championship classes aboard TAS Racing prepared Tyco BMW S1000RR machinery. A low point of the weekend was losing our Italian star Davide Giugliano through injury, after a crash during free practice, forcing him out of the Easter racing programme – but he will be back in action very soon with Tyco BMW.

Christian Iddon:

“Really happy with the weekend. We had good pace even from the official test and really didn’t have to change anything too radical for the race weekend. We just refined the package as we went along. I was a little worried in qualifying as I wasn’t sure if we had one lap outright pace. But I felt pretty confident all weekend if we could get away with them we could be on the podium. The first race was good and for the second race we made a slight change and it did improve things for me on the Tyco BMW S1000RR. We were even stronger and it has made me very happy. I know we got a podium at Donington, but we’ve made a big step forward at round two and the bike is so much easier to race. I’m really grateful for all the hard work from the team, so I’m excited about the upcoming rounds, especially Oulton next, which is my home round.”

Ian Hutchinson:

“I was struggling with my starts all weekend, which is something you can’t do on the Brands Indy circuit, so after race one when I let the leaders get away, I was determined to stay with them. Two former champions have come back into the class this year making it even stronger, so I was determined to prove I could mix it with them and win races, which we did on the Tyco BMW. This now sets us up well for Oulton Park and the upcoming international road races in May and June at the NW200 and TT.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager:

“As is often the case, It was a mixed weekend of fortunes at Brands Hatch with Davide sustaining an injury after an unfortunate crash during FP2 on Saturday, which ruled him out of the weekend’s racing on medical grounds. He sensibly returned to Italy early to receive treatment for back and knee injuries in the hope of being fit for our next test on Thursday.

On the other hand, we enjoyed a sensational Superstock race win with Hutchy and very solid second and third places with Christian in the British Superbike Championship. Credit to both riders for their fighting spirit this weekend and a massive thank you to our team and technical partners for their continued efforts in developing our Tyco BMW S1000RR machinery. We have made some significant changes in specification from last year and although we had a relatively slow start during testing, we are now seeing the benefits from everyone’s hard work.
We can now look forward to a home round for Christian at Oulton and we are hopeful that Davide can make a full recovery from his injuries before the next round.”

[Image: tycobmw2017logo.jpg]
18-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Website Find Reply