John McGuinness - James Bond?
Anonymous
Unregistered

John McGuinness - James Bond?
I wonder wehat you all think of JMs plan to do the Formula ! AND Thruxton via helicopter?

<A HREF="http://www.iomonline.co.im/">http://www.iomonline.co.im/</A>

Is this sensible?
I for one am glad that we will see him in the Island as he is one TT star we dont want to lose!
The thing is though, is he taking on too much?

Oh, and I wonder if he has a spare couple of seats? ;-)

Mike
02-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: John McGuinness - James Bond?
That is nothing new a few years ago Brands Hatch clashed with 1st practice and Granty and few others chartered a plane in time for evening practice.
02-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh how I wish I had a helicopter at my disposal.
Thanks to the crazy shift system in my current job I may have to fly back and forth to the IOM during Manx GP race week. I can't be certain if this will be the case so I can't book cheap flights early and so will have to pay full price for my flights possibley two return trips in three days.
I hate my job
02-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was done as recently as 1999 - there was a BSB round at Donington on Bank Holiday Monday and John, DJ, Paul Bird, Gavin Lee and a couple of others flew straight to the Island after the racing.
02-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Two meetings in one day is via air transport goes back years I remember Mike the Bike flying into Snetterton and landing on the old Norwich straight between races to fullfill an engagement.
Probably practise rules and insurance would stop it these days lol
02-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it was Rutter who did both the TT and a round of the GP in a couple of days a few years back.
02-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

About 30 odd years ago Paul Smart went back & forth to America to practice and race his works Kawasaki in between practice & racing on the island and didn't Phil McCallen fly to Germany for a world supersport race straight after the F1 race coming back straight after the race on Sunday night in time for the race on Monday morning
02-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let me get this right---

The Isle of Man is reducing the number of TT race laps for safety reasons.

So someone can do more racing elsewhere as a result ????

Is this sensible ?????????????
02-03-2004, 09:06 PM