CRUTCHLOW AMONGST EARLY PACESETTERS IN JEREZ
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW AMONGST EARLY PACESETTERS IN JEREZ
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow maintained his excellent recent form on the opening day of action at the Spanish Grand Prix. After finishing third in Argentina and fourth in America last time out, the Briton went third fastest on day one in Jerez as Honda dominated proceedings in southern Spain.

After ending a wet morning session in second spot, a fraction behind pacesetter Dani Pedrosa, Crutchlow then performed impressively in the dry afternoon conditions. Pedrosa once again topped the timesheets as he finished nearly half a second clear of the field, with Jack Miller and Crutchlow completing an all-Honda top-three. However, the confident LCR man believes there is still plenty of room for improvement ahead of Sunday’s race.

#35 Crutchlow – (3rd – 1’40.045)

“I felt really good, it’s nice to have Honda in 1-2-3 today. It’s a shame about Marc (Marquez) but I’m sure he’s got the pace to be in there, if not faster, as well. We had a positive session, I was trying a lot of things for Honda today so I wasn’t really looking at the lap time or result too much and I got held up when I did start to push a bit. 

But we’re positive, I didn’t try too many settings as we were testing other stuff, so I’m confident we can go faster. Honda and my team are working very hard and we’re looking forward to trying more things tomorrow.”

[Image: crutchlowjerez1.jpg]

06-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Website Find Reply