IMPRESSIVE CRUTCHLOW TO START FROM FRONT ROW IN JEREZ
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
IMPRESSIVE CRUTCHLOW TO START FROM FRONT ROW IN JEREZ
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow will have his sights set on another podium finish, or better, after securing a place on the front row for Sunday’s Spanish Grand Prix. The Briton has already featured on the podium in Argentina this term and will fancy his chances of another big result after qualifying in third place at Jerez on Saturday.

It proved another excellent day for Honda as the Japanese manufacturer locked out the front row for tomorrow’s race courtesy of Crutchlow, Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa – who will start from pole. The LCR Honda man was always amongst the pacesetters during the free practice sessions despite focusing much of his efforts on testing for Honda.

But Crutchlow then stepped up a level in qualifying as he finished just two tenths behind pole-setter Pedrosa and that despite later revealing he had been stung repeatedly by a wasp that had managed to get inside his leathers. 

#35 Cal Crutchlow – 3rd (1’38.453)

“It was a very good today. Obviously we’re pleased with the Honda lock out of the front row, it’s good for Honda and my team. We did a good job today, now we have to try and continue that tomorrow.

“It’s been a busy weekend for me, testing things for Honda, but we are trying our best – both me as a rider and the team. Now we have to look forward to the race tomorrow and see what we can improve tonight. Then we’ll see what we can do in the warm up and race.

“I didn’t really know what was happening, but it (the wasp) started to sting me many times on my arm so I had to stop! If it was a race, of course I wouldn’t stop, but in these conditions I had to stop immediately to try and
get it out.”

[Image: crutchlowjerezquali.jpg]

06-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Website Find Reply