Main grandstand tickets.
Tiberius Offline

Threads: 4
Main grandstand tickets.
Main grandstand tickets sold out for Friday June 9th.....at least they are on the TT web site.

Before I post a 'Wanted' advert, does anyone know if they sell tickets anywhere else, OR if they sell returned/cancelled tickets during race week?

I know that I've left it late but it took me ages to sort accommodation this year and I didn't know if I was actually coming over at all.

Thank you...... Icon_biggrin
07-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Main grandstand tickets.
Glad you got sorted for somewhere to stay - for grandstand tickets you could try here:

https://www.stubhub.co.uk/find/s/?q=tt

Also tickets sometimes comes up on eBay

If not there are hundreds of great spectator spots around the circuit which you don't need tickets for - my favourite is the Bungalow, especially if the weather is good. That said, a day in the grandstand is still very nice.
07-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Find Reply
Tiberius Offline

Nasher

Thank you for the reply and the advice.

I watched the various races from all over the place last year. When I was in the pits I was really wishing that I could see at least one race from up in the main grandstand and got to thinking 'Next year'.....

There are tickets still available for other days, and I will probably go down that route, but it would have been really nice to see The Senior TT from the main grandstand.

I will still have a great time whatever !!!..... Icon_biggrin
09-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
I've watched the Superbike race from the grandstand. It's nice that you can mooch around the paddock in the build up and just stroll to your seat without being there hours before. You also get to see the podium presentations and pit stops. The other side of the coin is that there are more exciting places to watch.

If I recall correctly the tickets went on sale around mid-November and sold out pretty quickly for Superbike & Senior. Not quite like getting ferry tickets but don't hang about.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
09-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Watched from the Grandstand on the Wednesday in 2012 so I could see 3 races. Enjoyed the experience but prefer other viewing places. You may get lucky.
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

13-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Find Reply
Azman Offline

Threads: 5
Over the last 10 years or so I have been lucky with picking up the odd Main G/stand ticket on race days (never the Senior tho) at the outlet under the stand as some folk sell unused ones and they pass them on at face value.....

"Its turned out quite nice ....." Beer2
Riggsy
15-05-2017, 08:26 AM
Find Reply
Tiberius Offline

Azman.....I will bear that it mind.

I have a tendency to get lucky with this sort of stuff.....except for last year. I had a ticket for the Creg-Ny-Baa grandstand for Senior day. You MAY remember that some joker smacked his car into it and they had to close it for Senior day.... Icon_frown

Something will turn up....... Icon_biggrin
20-05-2017, 11:58 AM
Find Reply