Good Weekend for Team ILR at Oliver's Mount
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Good Weekend for Team ILR at Oliver's Mount
[Image: teamILRlogo.jpg]

Team ILR had a successful two days at the annual Cock O' the North road races at Oliver's Mount, Scarborough at the weekend.

The team came away with three wins, with two for young up and coming star Joey Thompson, whilst the circuit's most successful ever competitor Ian Lougher continues to rip up the history books with yet another win round 'The Mount' to take his tally to an incredible 138.

Young Thompson opened his account on Day 1 with a runaway victory in the Lightweight race on his immaculate TZ250 Yamaha, as team boss Lougher won the concurrently run Moto 3 race on the team's NSF 250 Honda, just edging ahead of Justin Waring.

Joey also had two impressive Top 10 finishes in the Superbike and Supersport races.

Thompson again took the honours in the Lightweight class on Sunday, as James Cowton won a thrilling Moto 3 encounter from Lougher and Waring.

Ian had led for the majority of the race and was just pipped on the last lap, with less than a second covering the three at the flag.

Even the disappointment of a retirement for Joey in the Junior race when he had made contact with the leaders, did little to dampen what had been a very good weekend for the team.

[Image: joeythomsonatscarboro.jpg]
Joey Thompson in action at Oliver's Mount.
Photo: Stuart Watson Photography
Team ILR owner manager Ian Lougher:

"It was only Joey's second race on his ZX6 Kawasaki at Oliver's Mount, but his times improved every time he goes out. Unfortunately he had a problem with his bike on Sunday and had to park the bike for the remainder of the day.

On his TZ250 Yamaha he won both races he entered and it goes to show for a young guy he's very good at jumping from one bike to another and this is just one of the things that impresses me about him.

As for myself... well to be honest I felt incredibly rusty and unbike fit, having not raced since April, nevertheless I managed to just hold off Justin Waring on his Kalex KTM for the win in Saturday's race.

On Sunday I got a great start but after half of the race I felt I had a few aches and cramps starting, which led to being caught on the last hairpin on the last lap by a charging James Cowton.

I guess it goes to show that I still have the drive to still go racing to win, as I am gutted to lose out so late in the race, especially to such a new boy in the class...I'll do my best to be less complacent next time."

[Image: ILRatscarboro.jpg]

Joey Thompson:

"Oliver's Mount, where do we start? 

The meeting was ran perfectly by the organisers and I really enjoyed myself.

We are slowly getting where we need to be and moving up the field constantly and it will not be long until we are fighting for podiums round my

home road race. 

The 250 was faultless and ran amazing and dominated both Lightweight races, thanks to Phil Guillu for the great engine and to my dad for supplying the bike. 

The 600 was running great until we had an electrical fault which we are sorting for the Southern 100. 

Each time my leg goes over the ILR/Thompsons Kawasaki I give 110% and never give up and hopefully my determination to achieve results will show very soon. 

It's coming...

Thanks to all the team for their great work, thanks to my dad and all my family for their support, and I would just like to say one MASSIVE thank you to all the fans that give me lots of support at my local race."

28-06-2017, 04:03 PM
Website Find Reply