Snetterton
Anonymous
Unregistered

Snetterton
The meeting at Snetterton was abandoned today due to the weather according to the local news might be worth a call if you intend going tomorrow.
20-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Snetterton
Yes I live within 20 mls and the wind we had today made things really dangerous Even the bridge to the paddock was damaged and had to be closed.Apparently it was hellishly fast down the straight with the wind directly behind but at the bomb hole the problems started,and the forecaste for this area tomorrow isnt much better.
20-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live 3 miles away Arthur, noticed the other day that the Little Chef and Esso garage are now being demolished and recalled the days when the owners of the garage at that time towed a bowser of high octane fuel from Attleborough to Snetterton on race days. What would todays H&SE say about that.?
21-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Oliver the new dualling has made a big difference to the area.I live near Acle but use the A11 quite a bit.
Sure the HSE would have a fit if fuel was transported like in the old days but when i first raced at Snetterton 1959 much of it was concrete with grass growing in the joints and 40gal oil drums marking some of the coarse.
Still think the biggest mistake was doing away with the Norwich straight,although it reduced maintenance costs,it took away what made snetterton different from elswhere,to see Dereck Minter braking for the hairpin at the end of that straight was some sight
22-03-2004, 08:59 PM