Help! its gorn wrong (accomm..)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help! its gorn wrong (accomm..)
I do hope some of you on the Island can help me.
I have accommodation from 29/5/2004 to 5/6/2004. My ferry bookings are for 29/5/2004 returning on 13/6/2004.
Now what?

Does anyone maybe know somebody who may be persuaded to let a room for 2 for race week? I also need somewhere to put the bikes and trailer.
If I dont sort this, I may have to come home during the first race day!

My preference is for the North (Sulby upwards) but....beggars cant be choosers!!

Mike

22-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Help! its gorn wrong (accomm..)
23-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike,

Drop me a mail with a contact Number for yourself please. I might be able to help out...If I can it won't be owt fancy but it may beat going home early =)

Reagrds.

Fitz.

24-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Fitz, that was appreciated so much!
Will buy you a pint if the chance arises!

We have actually got some digs for race week yesterday,
on Bray Hill! That will be different!

Mike
24-03-2004, 08:38 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

No Problem at all Mike...You can give us a wave as we fly down Bray Hill then...I should all being well be firmly attached to the passenger platform of Barry Slopers Sidecar...Entry went in last week =)

Reagrds.

Fitz.
24-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to ask.
Are you the same passenger who features with Barry on "The Real TT Heroes?"
A local cabby, I believe?
Good luck with the ride.
We will indeed be looking out for you.
Along with one or two others!
Including, of course, young Danny from Sulby!

Good luck one and all.

Mike
25-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL Yeah Mike thats me =) Difference this year is that we want Two finishes and I am alot better prepared this year than last...last year was building up confidence again after a 4 year lay off from the TT. Barry certainly gave that and I am looking forward to good things this year.

As for Dan....he has come on enormously and that is reflected by the fact that he is riding with Moly.

Not many weeks now...Can't wait =)

Reagrds.

Fitz.

25-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looking forward to seeing you on and off the outfit this TT, Fitz. Kev hopes to get across for a few days too.You doing the Southern?
25-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Witch...hope the broomstick is treating you well?!

Not sure on the Southern....I know Barry is not keen on doing it as I did ask him last year.

If an oportunity presents itself and I am comfortable with it then I will probably have a crack...I have had some good races down there over the years.

Will be good to see you all...tell Kev to bring some decent Socks tho and not those things he claims are socks that are rotting on his feet...lol.

Cya Soon Honey =)

Fitz.
26-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to say, I have always had a soft spot for the chair boys. Such an important part of the TT (listening Mick?)
Years ago (too many!) I hung around with Stan Cooper (anyone remember him as a passenger?) and his driver. They raced an elderly BMW. I well remember being in a lockup in a back street and being a gopher for about 6 crews. Biggest fish and chip order I've ever taken! That was in the days of mass engine changing between the different capacity races.
I have to say Fitz, your offer to find us place to crash is typical of the spirit of the T.T.
I am grateful.
Long may this spirit live!
Roll on May 29th!

Mike
26-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike,

I might be barking up the wrong tree here as there can always be more than one but.....did the Stan Cooper you are talking about go on to be a Sidecar Driver and race the TT in the early/mid ninetys?

TTFN

Fitz.
27-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Fitz,

the Stan Coopr I knew was getting on in years and I doubt he went on the drive. I did lose contact with him tho.
The outfit he passengered for was ridden by Dave Dickinson. It was an elderly, classic Rennsport with a pedigree
28-03-2004, 10:26 AM