100 years
Anonymous
Unregistered

100 years
You probably all know this being a knowledgeable lot!

According to "Racing round the Island" (my copy of which is full of wonderful autographs which blow me away every time I open it) 23rd March 1904 saw the landing of the first racing machine on the IOM. Ok, so it was a car, but it was the "dawn", wasnt it! I raised a glass.
The next significant date is aparently 10th May .

Mike
24-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 100 years
No, we don't all know these things but they are vitally important to the Isle of Man TT story.
There are so many people out there who have lived with the TT all their lives and have
such a wealth of stories to tell. I wish I could document them all for posterity. Sadly every year we lose some.
Thanks for the reminder.
24-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 100 years
Apparently, Mac McDiarmid has based his new book on these very facts........Need I say any more.

This week we remember "Mike The Bike" .......please.

Also may I say how pleased I was to read that Steve Hislop has received a posthumous award.

24-03-2004, 09:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 100 years - TT Mixture
David Wright put together TT Mixture, which contains a lot of unusual facts about our favourite race meeting.
Although we were publishers, David is handling sales direct. To get further information call him on <A HREF="mailto:dwwright@talk21.com">dwwright@talk21.com</A>
25-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I still find Nick Harris's Motocourse TT Book very good---
How do you better the bests--
Were they there or is everyone just revamping all that has gone before--GS Davisond TT Book written in 1947 is a little gem yet I have seen his book reproduced by others (including me, only because I didn't have a camera worth talking about in 1947 !)
So are we going to see more books gleaned from earlier books and even earlier books??
Macs a young man, surely he wasn't at the TT in the early days !!!

We woz !

Memories of the TT's good old golden days ain't what they used to be..........
25-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Texas bar Mcourts oyster bar ,halfway house ,FLO Gelling and her plastic roses ,christ am i getting old ,or is it that time of year again .
26-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stuff the Halfway House -- to me, it'll always be the Waggon and Horses!!!
26-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Putting the cart before the horses again Larry?
27-03-2004, 03:19 AM