Season-best finish for Milwaukee Aprilia in Misano Race 2
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Season-best finish for Milwaukee Aprilia in Misano Race 2
[Image: milwaukeeapriliahdr2.jpg]

Race 2 at Misano delivered the best performance so far for Milwaukee Aprilia, topping their previous-best result from Race 1. Coming home in P5 and P6 respectively on their Aprilia RSV4 RFs, Eugene and Lorenzo delivered a total of 21 points for the team.

Starting P3 under the SBK reverse grid rules, Eugene was quickly on the attack, jostling for position with Sykes and Melandri in the early stages of the race. As the lead group began to edge away Eugene held his own and managed his pace, eventually taking 5th place and leading home teammate Lorenzo.

Lorenzo started P6, struggling initially to find his pace and progress. More comfortable on his bike than in Race 1, he fended off attacks from De Rosa and Krummenacher throughout the middle of the race. As he found a consistent pace towards the end, he was able to pull away and finish 6th behind teammate Eugene.

With a positive finish to Round 7, the team now look ahead to Round 8 at Laguna Seca in the United States, where they will be hoping to deliver more strong results before the season’s summer break.

The action continues from July 7-9 at Laguna Seca in the United States of America

[Image: savadoriatmisano.jpg]

Eugene Laverty #50  -  Grid - P3  -  Race - P5, 11 points

“P5 is our best result of the year so far, so we’ve got to take positives from that. The front guys still got away from us at the start which was hard to take, but it was a better race today. I managed a consistent pace and it was good to bring home decent points.

Yesterday we worked the tyres too hard, and today they were consistent so it was a much better ride for me. There were some subtle changes made last night to take some load off the front, and they worked in the race but we still need to make progress on that.

Looking ahead to Round 8 at Laguna Seca, it’s a track where the rider can make a lot of difference, so that should be a lot of fun. The fifth we got today is the benchmark we should be aiming for, and hopefully we’ll deliver another good performance in America."

Lorenzo Savadori #32  -  Grid - P6  -  Race - P6, 10 points

“It was a positive weekend for us. P6 was a good result today, but we need to do a lot of work on the race starts because I am slow there at the moment.

We also made some changes to the front after the problems yesterday. They helped me but the problem is still there, so we have some work to do when we leave Misano. I am happy with more points today, and I want keep up these performances.

I’m feeling good for Laguna Seca next month. Last year I was close to the podium, and it’s a track I like riding. We learnt a lot of things weekend, so we have to work hard to make sure we arrive at Lagune in a good position.”

19-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Website Find Reply