Not TT but!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not TT but!
Can anyone confirm a rather strange rumor, That to compete in the 400cc class @ Knockhill you cannot have won the championship before? I know this does not and will not affect me but if true what about the champions from past years? are they expected to move to another class? Anyone?
Regards John
26-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Not TT but!
Ask Bob Grant!
26-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

26-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

And you have got to be in the holding bay before the chequered flag drops from the previous race, or the gates shut and you are not allowed to race .......Strange but true (or it has been for the last few seasons)
Stella
26-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stella, the regs are clear for all to read on the KDMC web site.
26-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doesn't stop them being daft, though, Harvey!
26-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

But i thought Decisions like that had to be confirmed with the SACU, Who incidentaly were infuriated to have not been consulted on this matter?
How does someone who has then won the championship get to compete on there 400? Assuming that they cannot afford to do another class?
Well on speaking to certain folk, Bob Grant and others, would be welcome to ride at East Fortune, So is this not a roundabout way of pushing riders away?, The rewards of winning a championship! If this is the case why not do it for EVERY class,Then people would have something to say!
and on reading in Bikesportnews this is being classed as a Scottish Championship event? since when? Silly i think!
26-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

26-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for clearing that up harvey, sounds fair enough. Its the rules regarding safety that get me annoyed, but thats another story.
27-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats certainly made things clearer Harvey! Just seems unfair! As regards The SACU, they have no idea as to why or even how this should have happened! Lets hope they look at this site for a clearer explanation! Or possibly race meeting organisers could actually keep the governing body up to date with such motions instead of keeping them in the dark! Cheers John
27-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Harvey how about explaining more as to why that specific series has nothing to do with the SACU? I would be interested in your opinions on this one!
The sports governing body having nothing to do with the series?
If they dont have the final say then Exactly who does? cheers John
27-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

27-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fizz, Glad i`ve not had a few glasses of wine before i read these postings.......
Stella ;0)
27-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

...and why haven't you, I'd like to know Ms Campbell...it's Saturday night?
Don't knoiw if I'll see you at EF tomorrow. Dad's money came through and I have to plan. Will be in touch with Ian soon!
27-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL i have now Helen !! if we don`t see you tomorrow will you make knockhill ? hope so.
cheers !
Stella.
27-03-2004, 09:46 PM