Maria Costello
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maria Costello
I heard that Maria has lost her ride for this season. Can anyone confirm this ?
It's a shame she looked well set up for the British rounds, NW200, TT and MGP.
I'm sure she'll sort something else out soon.
Good Luck see you at NW ?
27-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Maria Costello
i thought she had something sorted a few months ago. has it all fallen through?
28-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Word out says it obviously has.
Looks like a case of 'NO COMMENT' at present -
I'm sure all will be revealed soon enough.

Looks like this is not a PR stunt !
28-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

John spoke to an insider at Silverstone today who said that Maria definately wasn't there.Something really strange seems to have happened as she appeared to have had an excellent package sorted for the season
28-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The money is clearly going elsewhere..

My pal has just had a bike bought for him to race as long as he don't do the Isle of Man TT....................and my source of allocatable money has dried up this year as well...
Does this give a real comment on what people are thinking about the TT this year.....? I'm getting a bit worried folks....

Two weeks is a long time to sit about...........
28-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maria,s promised bike is to be rode by an other rider at this years TT.
29-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know more than you're letting on !!

Spill the beans...........
29-03-2004, 07:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come on Colin,we know she was not at Silverstone.Something mega has happened----the perfect package suddenly gone after all the build up?If I knew something,I would tell---none of this allegedly stuff.Gail could do with some bikes---well,little ones!!!
29-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well as far as I can gather Dave Madsen Mygdal is to ride a bike for Stamford Superbikes at the TT and also one other rider who I have not heard of.
Maria has not to date (and they closed on Friday) sent her entry in either.
Still there is a good entry for this years TT so far from the female side of racing.
I'm sure she'll get sorted one way or the other.

30-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CORRECTION
I stand corrected she HAS entered TT but has no bike, Andi Notman took over her supersport ride as she has parted company with Stamford Superbikes after what was described as " a difference of opinion"
Nothing new there then.
30-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: CORRECTION
Goes through sponsors like there is no tomorrow. Personally I couldn't give a stuff about her, lets hear more about the other female rider's, like Carolyn Sells etc.

Most of them just get on with it, instead of jumping in front of TV camera's at every given oppurtunity. ME ME ME ME !!
30-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

MEEEEEOW!!!
30-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

rapid change of subject
Russ and Garry...what's your plans this year? (Presumably not sponsored by Stamford, or in a team with Maria)
Garry...Gail will be racing at the NW, and she and Anita Buxton will be racing in the Island on various dates.
If Janet or me wins the Lottery we will be making a grand comeback and thrashing all you men in the sidecars! (Jan can drive, cos she's bossier than me!)
30-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: rapid change of subject
Helen, how are you ? I've got to have a big op on my leg and ankle, out of action until end of May. I think Russ has retired.

Glad I'm out of NW 200, two less chicane's too tackle SmileI'd still like another go on an outfit, they are mega fun aren't they.
30-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Carolynn Sells had her first outing of the season at Jurby Airfield last Sunday and went very well, finishing 3rd and 5th in her two races on her 400 (out of a field of about 15).
30-03-2004, 11:23 PM