Remembering Jack Gow
Anonymous
Unregistered

Remembering Jack Gow
Jack's widow, Olive, has lent the Grampian Transport Museum, in Alford, Aberdeenshire, 3 of Jack's bikes. They are a Bantam, a trials BSA/Villiers machine and a Manx Norton. Don't miss this little treasure of a museum if you are in theAberdeenshire area. Alford is the home of the Smith family, whose involvement in rallying, and sponsorship of MGP winners John Findlay and George Linder is legendary. There is a very special collection of Lea Francis for those with good taste too. Find them on <A HREF="http://www.gtm.org.uk">www.gtm.org.uk</A>
31-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Remembering Jack Gow
Jack Gow..........what a man! Anybody remeber his fairing-bashing tussle with Tony Rutter at Beveridge Park ( the hard man's Mini-TT) during the Battle of the Twins races?
Yowser, wot a race.

Anyone got a photo of that day, with JG and TR tussling?
31-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We were just talking about Beveridge Park the other day! Its hard to believe that it has been 8 years this August since the accident! Still one of the quickest Men i have ever had the pleasure to watch race a real motorbike! Sideways Sid, Heard you raced oneof my old mans bikes too? is that correct? Cheers John
01-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aye, Big John gave his big brutal Triton to ride one day at Beveridge, he had fell & bust his wrist, and my yoke was broke.
Kind of him, but I rode safe&slow to make sure he didnae bust his other wrist punchin me for crashin his pride an joy! Think we supped the prize money.........
Great bloke to be so kind to another rider.
01-04-2004, 10:52 PM