Geoff Cannel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geoff Cannel
Energy FM has announced well-known TT Commentator and press officer Geoff Cannell is to join the station as Chief TT Correspondent.

Mr Cannell will join Energy FM's Steve Parker with live updates, analysis and TT news throughout the fortnight.

Manx Radio recently announced Mr Cannell would be dropped from its TT schedules after years of service.

Energy FM's director Juan Turner said, 'I have worked with Geoff Cannell for over 10 years during my time at Manx Radio.

'We were also key members of the team broadcasting the North West 200 motorcycle races during the 1990s.

'I have utmost respect for Geoff and his depth of knowledge on the TT and am looking forward to working with him again.

'I have no doubt that our mix of music and TT information will be unrivalled this year.'

Programme Co-ordinator Adam Russell added, 'We have devised a programme schedule for TT that will not disrupt our core programming, but provide listeners with a station that will cater for everyone during the Island's busiest fortnight. If it's happening, Energy FM will be the first to tell you!'
01-04-2004, 03:41 PM