COSTELLO & HAUXWELL HEAD TO THE FAST AND FURIOUS THRUXTON CIRCUIT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
COSTELLO & HAUXWELL HEAD TO THE FAST AND FURIOUS THRUXTON CIRCUIT
[Image: mariasidecar1.jpg]

Maria Costello and her passenger Kirsty Hauxwell will head to Hampshire’s Thruxton circuit next weekend, 4th-6th August, to compete in Round 7 of the Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship.

Maria is pursuing a busy schedule this year - on two, three and four wheels. Last weekend, 28th-30th July, Maria took part in the Silverstone Classic event, taking to the track on two wheels in the World GP Bike Legends Team and on four wheels in a historic Austin A35 in the Celebrity Challenge raising money for Prostate UK.

“Racing the A35 on cross-ply tyres was amazing,” said Maria. “It was a pretty helpful experience for my sidecar racing as they have similar characteristics.

“With the legends team, I rode with Wayne Gardner, Steve Parrish and Phil Read MBE and got some track-time on a beautiful Cagiva 500.

“Overall, it was a special weekend to be a part of. Henry Hope-Frost asked me if I’d be getting my knee down in the Austin and if Kirsty would be hanging out of the window.”

Focusing on this year’s sidecar campaign, Maria said: 

“It’s probably over ten years since I raced a solo at Thruxton. It’s a fast track and from what I remember I like it. It’s still a big challenge for us. We’re competing with British and world champions. With our 600cc LCR, we’re chasing a pole time set by 1000cc F1’s.

“We really want to be racing and it’s heartbreaking when we don’t make the grid. There’s real potential for three races at Thruxton and we’ll be working hard. The benefit of sidecars is that the two of us can stand strong together.”

Maria will have little chance to rest before Thruxton: 

“The logistics are difficult this weekend but it’s a great problem to have. From Thruxton, I’ll be heading to Liverpool and crossing the Irish Sea, first to the Ulster TT and then straight to the Isle of Man Classic TT where I hope to replicate my 2016 podium finish."

For all of the latest news on Maria, including sponsorship opportunities and other events, please visit her website at http://www.costelloracing.com.

2017 Sponsors: JG Speedfit, Cool Milk, NGK Spark Plugs, Bike Shed, AEJ Management, AVON tyres, Rock Oil, CPL Print, Knox, Arai, Nitron Suspension, Mac Tools, Pagid, Radicool, Pro-Bolt, Proline Finishers, Signs2Wraps, Jap4Performance, Premier Bodyworks, Pro Grip, Gear leathers, Arai, Knox, Hel Performance, Hello Market, Bournemouth Kawasaki, Translogic Systems Ltd, Racing Batteries.

[Image: jgspeedfitlogo.jpg]

03-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Website Find Reply