BROOKES READY TO MAKE AMENDS AT THRUXTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BROOKES READY TO MAKE AMENDS AT THRUXTON
[Image: brookesprethruxton.jpg]

Josh Brookes is ready to strike back in the battle to be top dog in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Thruxton this weekend as the Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha rider continues to push for his first win of the season.

After finishing within the top ten of the gruelling Suzuka eight-hour race last weekend in Japan, Brookes returns to action this weekend, excited, as he travels back to what is arguably his favourite track in the UK.

Brookes still sits strongly within the ‘Showdown’ spots, sitting on 129 points, only 32 behind second place Luke Mossey, and the Bringelly man is itching to taste the champagne at the ultra-fast Hampshire track.

The 2015 champion blew away the opposition during his last visit to Thruxton after grabbing pole position, two race wins and the lap record, alongside conserving his tyres the best, which will be paramount this weekend as Brookes aims to replicate his previous success.

Brookes said: 

“I’m looking forward to Thruxton, the team are trying as hard as they can, they have come a long way from last year to what we are achieving this year and being able to fight each weekend in a winning direction is a huge step for the team, and I’m pleased with the way things are going.

“Thruxton is a nice track to ride; we have to see how this bike works on these tyres at the track. I think my riding style helps around there, it’s just the way I ride the bike, that’s why my setup is different to other people and I know how to ride that track without destroying the tyre.

“That plays into my hands, but above all that I like the track, it’s nice to ride. Unless you ride a bike yourself and ride the track it’s hard to put into words, you need to ride the track to understand what I mean.

“Every track is different, especially in this championship, you go from Knockhill to Silverstone and you can drink a cup of tea down the straight it’s that long, and it feels that everything is spread out. The nature of BSB is quite different from circuit to circuit, but Thruxton is not similar to any other track I’ve ridden in the world, it has its own style and flow and the track surface is quite abrasive, it’s unique.

“I think my riding style dictates a certain setup of the bike; I know how to ride it where it doesn’t destroy the tyre. It doesn’t work at other circuits that way, I’ve had tyre issues with other tracks so it’s not specifically for all circuits, but for Thruxton it seems to work.”

[Image: bsblogo2017.jpg]
03-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Website Find Reply