JG Speedfit Kawasaki Prepare to Do Battle in Showdown Decider
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG Speedfit Kawasaki Prepare to Do Battle in Showdown Decider
[Image: lukemosseypresilverstone.jpg]

Luke Mossey is hoping to return to racing in the MCE BSB British Superbike Championship this weekend (8th to 10th September) with the aim of securing a position in the Showdown.

For the first time in the history of the championship, there is not a single rider confirmed in the Showdown title fight ahead of round nine, so the meeting at Silverstone will literally be the decider.

Luke, who suffered a nasty crash during free practice at Thruxton, has been working hard on his recovery from injury and will be looking to join teammate Leon Haslam on the grid at the world-famous Silverstone GP circuit.

[Image: leonpresilverstone.jpg]

Leon is currently second in the championship standings after securing his fourth win of the season at Cadwell, maintaining his record of winning at least one BSB race each year he’s competed there since 2005.

In 2016 the Derbyshire rider won all three races at the Oulton Park triple header and will be looking for a repeat performance at Silverstone.

“I’m really looking forward to the triple header at Silverstone,” said Leon. “We’ve managed to claw some podium credits back over the past couple of months and this is the last opportunity to pick up vital points before the real fight begins.

“Silverstone is obviously a big GP circuit and we’ve got a few different things with the bike that we need to finalise before the next round. Fingers crossed we can have a good weekend, try all the bits we need and get as many podium credits as we can so we can go into the Showdown fighting.”

Meanwhile Luke, who had a terrific start to the season, has slipped from first to sixth place in the title fight following technical issues with the brakes on his Ninja ZX-10R and a couple of crashes, the second of which left him sidelined for two rounds.

However, the team has managed to resolve the issues and Luke will be undergoing a medical assessment ahead of Silverstone to decide whether he is fit to race which he hopes, after weeks of oxygen therapy, will just be a formality.

Luke said his comeback is long overdue: “I’m really looking forward to getting back on the JG Speedfit Kawasaki at Silverstone this weekend. However, I’m not putting any pressure on myself – I just want to enjoy it.

“It’s been a long time since I last competed in the championship but we had a good test last week and everything feels right again. Silverstone is one of my favourite circuits and we have three races so I can’t wait to get back out there!

“Thanks to everyone for their continued support and backing me. Let’s go racing!”

Reigning British sidecar champions Ricky and Ryan and all-female sidecar pairing Maria Costello and Kirsty Hauxwell will not be in action this weekend but will be competing at Assen later this month in the next round of the Hyundai Heavy Industries British Sidecar Championship.

[Image: jgspeedfitlogo.jpg]
06-09-2017, 12:21 PM
Website Find Reply