Triple-header weekend greets Honda Racing for the Showdown decider
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Triple-header weekend greets Honda Racing for the Showdown decider
[Image: hondalogobsb.jpg]

This weekend the all-important 2017 MCE British Superbike Championship Showdown will be decided, as the ninth round heads to Silverstone for what is set to be a thrilling triple-header weekend.

Jason O’Halloran arrives at Silverstone ready to attack aboard his all-new Fireblade to defend his place in the Showdown, where he is currently sitting in fourth place. Just 11 points ahead of fifth place and with a host of riders keen to take his place, The O’Show knows he needs three solid results this weekend to secure his place in the Showdown for a second consecutive year.

Meanwhile team-mate Dan Linfoot had his Showdown hopes dashed at Cadwell Park. Following a crash in race one, he was ruled out of the second race after chipping a bone in his knuckle and was unable to make a final push towards the top-six. Hoping for a strong weekend at the Northamptonshire track, the 29-year-old is looking towards the podium and mixing things up for the Showdown contenders.

Live timing of the ninth round will be available from britishsuperbike.com/live-timing

2017 MCE British Superbike Championship, round nine : Silverstone, Northamptonshire : Event Schedule

Friday 8 September

1055 – 1140 – FP1
1605 – 1650 – FP2

Saturday 9 September

0930 – 1010 – FP3
1205 – 1233 – Q1
1230 – 1242 – Q2
1249 – 1257 – Q3
1600 – Race one – 14 laps

Sunday 10 September

0945 – 1000 – Warm up
1330 – Race two – 14 laps
1630 – Race three – 14 laps

[Image: hondaboyspresilverstone.jpg]

I am disappointed to be so far from a place in the Showdown this year and not able to get in and fight with the top-six during the final rounds. Hopefully we will have Jason secured after this weekend flying the Honda Racing flag for us. With the Showdown now out of my grasp, the pressure is off a little this weekend for me, but I am looking to be as strong as possible, improve our package, have fun racing the Fireblade and spoil the party a little! I’d love to stand on the podium again; I haven’t visited it enough this year that’s for sure! I love Silverstone and riding the full circuit is mega, so I am keen to get going there this weekend. We have some new things to try to help with the CBR feeling, so I’m hoping to get my rhythm back and get stuck in!
— Dan Linfoot

I absolutely love racing at Silverstone, we don’t get to race there enough in my opinion and we’ve not been there for some time as it was the first round last year, so it does seem like forever since we last raced there. I love the layout and the close racing it always produces. This weekend will be hard work as we have three races and of course everyone will be fighting to secure a place in the Showdown, but I am feeling relaxed and will be attacking each race like every weekend. I’m ready to get stuck in, get the races underway and hopefully secure a place in that Showdown!
— Jason O'Halloran

Well here we are ahead of the Showdown decider and I can’t believe we are already at this point of the season. Both Dan and Jason really enjoy racing at Silverstone and it’s a circuit that really suits the Fireblade, so I am looking forward to seeing how we get on this weekend. Jason, the plan for the weekend is clear, the Showdown and securing a place there. He’s been consistent all season and he is going into the weekend relaxed, so I am sure he’ll put up a good fight to get a place secured during the races. The Showdown pressure is now removed a little for Dan, but I know he’s keen to get stuck in and mix things up a little for everyone. Cadwell was so unfortunate for him and not being able to make the final push towards the top-six, but I know he’s got the fight in him this weekend and he wants to make amends and get back to where I know he can be, in with the front runners.
— Havier Beltran - Honda Racing team manager
07-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Website Find Reply