Front row start for Andrea Dovizioso
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Front row start for Andrea Dovizioso
[Image: ducatimediahdr.jpg]

Fifth-placed Jorge Lorenzo will start from row 2 while Michele Pirro, in eleventh, will start from row 4

Andrea Dovizioso put in a great qualifying run today at Misano to post the second-quickest time of 1’32.601 in Q2, and will line up on the front row of the grid for tomorrow’s San Marino Grand Prix. Team-mate Jorge Lorenzo also had a good day, finishing fifth at the end of the session with a time of 1’32.792 to take his position on row 2, while Ducati Test Team’s wild-card entrant Michele Pirro was eleventh quickest with a lap of 1’33.491.

The San Marino Grand Prix, to be held over a distance of 28 laps, will get underway at the Misano World Circuit tomorrow at 14.00 CET.

Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team #04) – 1’32.601 (2nd)

“I’m really happy with this front row start! To be honest, second place was a bit unexpected because we worked a lot in FP4 with used tyres and I didn’t have a great feeling with the bike, but when we started the qualifying session I realized that we could be very fast. So I concentrated on getting the best out of the second tyre. In the end I set a really good time and this confirms that we are also quick here at Misano.”

Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’32.792 (5th)

“My position, fifth on row 2, isn’t fantastic but I’m quite happy, especially because of the positive progress we made starting in FP4. I had some excellent sensations with the medium rear tyre and did two or three very good laps. I think that if the weather remains good tomorrow, we can stay in the leading group for the entire race. However it looks like it’s going to rain and so the situation could change completely and become complicated for everyone. At any rate, even if we have to race on a wet surface, I’m confident we can score a good result.”

Michele Pirro (Ducati Test Team #51) – 1’33”491 (11th)

“Unfortunately I ruined my qualifying session with a crash at Turn 8. The bike suddenly lost rear grip and I found myself on the ground after a high-side. This ruined the strategy we had planned to get a good starting position and I’m disappointed about that because we had the potential to do better. Tomorrow starting from row 4 will surely make things more complicated, but my aim is to make up as many places as possible, because the competitiveness of my bike will give me the chance to do so.”

[Image: dovimisanoquali.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 06:06 PM by Malcolm.)
09-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Website Find Reply