"Caps" Silver replicas for sale
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Caps" Silver replicas for sale
Through lack of commitment by the two main Japanese manufactures, who gave empty promises of machines being avaliable after Nigel Cap Davies finished 2nd and 3rd in the production race and splting and breaking Hondas domination in the process, "Cap" has now been forced to sell his 36 silver replicas to fund this years TT. This is a very sad situation for Cap, but it does show his true commitment to the TT and his loyal fans. For me personaly i know that given the right machine Nigel will win a TT. Anyone who can supply a machine or wants to buy a replica please contact myself, Best wishes to everyone, Bill Jones PP Nigel Cap Davies, Rock on TT.
12-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: "Caps" Silver replicas for sale
Advertise them in our for sale section, and auction them on eBay for maximum effect. Good luck.
12-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have not seen the advert anywhere, anyone got any ideas?
13-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone got any news on how to aquire/ show an interest in purchasing one. I have e-mailed as well, but have had no response?
14-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Mr Reading, Contact me on my e-mail for your information. Thanks Bill Jones
15-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sad when someone has to sell well earned trophies and they should make a substantial price. But it beats me why anyone wants to buy trophies which are awarded for another persons achievment.In my racing days I won a club championship trophy which was the actual 1935 Dutch TT 500cc winners trophy won by Grahame Walker,yes Murray's dad.I was proud of winning the club championship but handed it over to my sponsor who wanted it for exhibition purposes.Last I saw of it and although I guess it is now quite valuable I see the real value only being to Murray Walker as it originated from his dad.
15-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure if this is a critisiam of Nigel for consdering selling them to raise funds, myself for showing an interest as a collector of TT memrobilla or your advert to remind us you won a race once?

16-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not a critism of anyone, just an opinion.As for the last comment I have a trophy cabinet with over a hundred trophies,which suggest I won more than once.However thats water under the bridge,but now approaching my twilight years my youngest son rightfully wants them when I depart, not as a colector,but to remind him of his dad.
17-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

In response to Arthur Lawn, This Arthur is far from a promotion opportunity that you are sugesting, it is a desperate attempt by a top TT rider to fund this years TT, and we could do well to ignore your views on how we raise the cash or find machines for this year, however i think that this has been a golden oppurtunity for yourself to promote that you yourself have one hundred trophies, but i know sa fact that you havent won 36 silvers as cap has done, We need help Arther and not your critism, this is just my opinion.
17-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the points Arthur made are very valid as well as intersting and you two ought to get off his case. The point he was making and that you both have missed re his club championship award was that he was handed an old trophy that was once given for something far greater and would be worth a lot more in sentimental terms to MW. If I was ever that motivated to do another TT the last thing I'd wanna do to raise the money would be to sell any of my own hard-earnt reps, but there again I've only got a few, and as NCD has dozens of em to reflect both his greater ability and commitment I can sypathise that he'd gladly trade them in for a chance of a winners one.
26-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I understand that Cap has had a rethink and has decided not to sell them after all. Hope he has a good TT, and adds to his collection.
26-04-2004, 07:38 PM