Team Benjie Racing Jurby Endurance 8th October
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Team Benjie Racing Jurby Endurance 8th October
[Image: teambenjie.jpg]

This is such a normally upbeat write up but as you may have seen today did not go as planned from the start,,,,

Went out and done enough laps to qualify me into the race then came in and let luke go out to do his laps as he hadn't ridden the bike before it would of allowed us enough time to make some changes to help adapt to a different bike, unfortunately as the conditions weren't great this morning and he low sided it on his 2nd lap not his fault at all I'd already had to change my undies after my stint (wet grass is slippy, very very slippy) but luckily the spare bike was sat there so Luke went out did enough laps to qualify then it was quick let's get the good bits off the crashed bike and put them on the 2nd ready for the race.

I love a mass start but with it being the endurance it was a Le Mans style start i.e running to the bike before you start which was a great experience and one I might not get again, so then it was just knuckle down and try and find a rhythm being out with the top,top boys on there 1000's was a eye opener (nearly flat out on the main straight and there coming passed on the back wheel lol )

Everything was going great the 2nd bike was behaving like a dream even in the damp on dry tyres it was faultless and as the track was drying the confidence was growing all the time then I ran on at the bus stop and the bike died and wouldn't start so had to push it back to the pits, a quick change of the battery set Luke off for his first stint thankfully he brought it back in one piece 😂 everything was going well we were slowly closing the gap thru the 2nd stint and I was having so much fun had a great rhythm going and learnt so much the 30 minute track time board came out but as nobody had passed me for a lap or two I decided everyone was in the pits so was best to stay out and try gain some time back, unfortunately then when I came in and swapped rider it all went wrong Luke was lapping great and looking so smooth on the bike but unfortunately something went in the gearbox (not his fault it's just one of them things) which then only gave him first gear and once the bike came back to the pits it became apparent that was it race day over Icon_cry  Icon_cry  Icon_cry

Not the day we had planned especially as I was dreaming of a double (400 champion and 400 endurance champions) but that's just me being silly and greedy !!!

I've had a great day regardless of the disappointment of not finishing, being out on track is the first time in 2 weeks my heads not been battered with off the track family issues hopefully dad's gonna be back up there come march next year not gonna mention I need another paint job done just yet lol

All in all it's been a massive learning curve today again but I've proper enjoyed getting serious track time in doing long stints on race pace (took two seconds off my season best and feel like there was still more to come) the new experience of looking for pit boards and doing pit stops was a great experience, proper gutted the season has ended on a low today am sorry to everyone who has supported the journey this year and that it's ended on a sour note but hopefully come march 2018 we will have 2 shiny new bikes ready for some serious effort in getting away and finally reaching and realising the dream come of the roads in 2019 all whilst trying to defend my championship title up Jurby of course  Icon_wink if ever there's a positive at least it didn't break two weeks ago !!!

Am sure Luke Black Thumb Chambers might want to add this but I'll leave it with you mate ya bloody bike murderer knew I should have asked Ozzy properly  Icon_wink Icon_smile Icon_smile Icon_smile Icon_smile

[Image: teambenjie-endurance.jpg]
On my way to my fastest lap of the year

[Image: teambenjiepushingbike.jpg]
The Highs and lows of Racing

[Image: teambenjielowside.jpg]
The Low-Side damage (Not too bad really).
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017, 03:10 PM by Malcolm.)
09-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Website Find Reply