Regal championships/Embassy snooker.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Regal championships/Embassy snooker.
Flicking the TV channels and I see the world snooker is on, not only the BBC but on Eurosport. Why is it that the law allows Embassy to go out to millions of viewers, not just in the UK but all over Europe? Yet, motorcycling, like the Regal championships, were dealt the fatal blow and how many people could tune into that on the BBC or Eurosport.
20-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Regal championships/Embassy snooker.
I've been asking a simaliar question on RRR.com
How come the same company that owns and sponsored the Regal championship and brand now sponsors the Rizla Suzuki team?
And why if it's still legal to use a fag paper brand to sponsor a team did they not sponsor a Rizla championship instead of the Regal championship?

20-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don’t think we’ll ever get an answer to why they never went over to a Rizla championship.
I would like to know how Embassy, the same company as Regal, are allowed to use their brand name for sponsorship of a sport that is being televised so heavily hear in the UK. Anyone know the law on this one?

20-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Or even here in the UK.
20-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the've done the road racers well enough , They don,t have to sponsor anything
We should be thankfull for what we have got from them in the past.
20-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don`t think that is the question here, its how they are getting away with the advertising as it is now ?
cheers
Stella
20-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Snooker ia load of B??LS anyway.
20-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

it is only in short term as in car racing but the Ladies Snooker which was paid for by Embassy is no more with no championship games planned this year and also the World Pool Championship has also lost the Embassy money but is still running so it aint only the bikes that have lost out
20-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Legislation has outlawed tobacco sponsorship (although the World Championship has been given special dispensation to continue its partnership with Embassy until 2005), and the prestigious Masters tournament was without a sponsor this year this one used to be the Benson & Hedges
20-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

20-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

20-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

it all depends who was lobbying for you as you see mens snooker was to important to TV and the players, ladies snooker and pool were not
But if you notice the players are not allowed to smoke on screen as darts players are not allowed to drink anymore
In my opinion this ban will ruin the pool championships as the sponsors paid for so much and the snooker is having a hard time to find new money
And we are always being told fast food is bad for your kids but big Mac is on tv every night but it is not healthy for kids so lets ban it and all the other things that are bad for us
Its strange to me that a drinks firm can still sponsor events but have you ever heard of groups of smoked up guys beating up another as happens with drink
Drink has wrecked many a happy home but has smoking?
Drink related illness has as much cost to the NHS as smokers do
And lets face it would the Embassy Snooker final on TV make you start smoking
20-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry Eric, but smoking, by colleagues at work years ago, made me ill. My mother died years before she should have and suffered terribly because of smoking, too. I detest it.
I know you love it, but the snooker would drive me to drink! (She sips her champagne languidly!)
See you at the TT?
21-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Villa Marina is now a smoke free building smoking has been banned completely in all parts of the building. Read the full story on <A HREF="http://www.manx.net">www.manx.net</A>

Good news I reckon
22-04-2004, 03:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

why does Virgo talk so much...inch perfect babble? Probably paid by the word.Why does Stevens wear a dead slightly bleached hedge-hog? Is it for luck? Why does the best, Dennis Taylor not do the horse racing also, and we could all win something?
27-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you sure about no smoking in Villa Marina, I was there on Easter Sunday to see the Real Thing and Boney M.

Many people were smoking in the place, with no apparent staff members saying otherwise?
28-04-2004, 01:42 PM