Third place for Andrea Dovizioso at the end of day 1 of Australian GP free practice
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Third place for Andrea Dovizioso at the end of day 1 of Australian GP free practice
[Image: ducatimediahdr.jpg]

Andrea Dovizioso wrapped up the first day of free practice for the Australian Grand Prix, which will be held this weekend at the Phillip Island circuit, in third place. The Ducati Team’s Italian rider set his quickest time during the afternoon’s FP2 session, lapping in 1’29.322.

Eleventh place went to Jorge Lorenzo, the Spaniard setting his time of 1’29.820 in the second session and finishing up just over half-a-second behind the provisional pole mark.

[Image: doviQ1atPI.jpg]

Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team #04) – 1’29.322 (3rd)

“I’m very pleased with the way we started off today, with a good pace, and it was important to begin the weekend in this way. Now we still have to work to improve a few aspects, because in any case Marquez was also very quick and there are other riders who have a good pace. Let’s see what sort of conditions we will encounter tomorrow, but for sure this was a positive first day for me at Phillip Island.”

Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’29.820 (11th)

“Today wasn’t an easy day for me and we’re still some way off the quickest riders. I don’t have enough confidence in the front and, despite trying some different settings, we weren’t able to be fast enough. We’ve understood a number of things, but we still don’t have the right set-up so it will be vitally important now to find some solutions to make my bike more stable. We will see what the weather is like tomorrow morning and, if it’s dry, we will try and get directly into Q2.”

20-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Website Find Reply