Amend ferry booking
Electrajohnt Offline

Threads: 4
Amend ferry booking
Advice please.
When will I be able to amend my ferry crossing to a more agreeable time. I assume the timing is critical for release of unpaid for reservations.
JohnT
14-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 388
RE: Amend ferry booking
Think it's usually 1st March, but, from experience, I've tried continuously (i.e. several times a day, whenever I'm sat at the P.C.!) over the months and been successful, it only takes one person (or 2!) to change/cancel their ticket & hey presto! job sorted! Good luck!
14-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Website Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 31
Interestingly, my TT booking has "This booking is not amendable online." when I review it.

I've not seen that before on my previous bookings & my Classic TT/MGP booking is amendable.

I booked, as usual, in the Douglas office (5 hours in the queue from 06:00!) and in the past could always amend my booking online.

I'll contact the Steam Packet to see what they say....
15-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Just had a speedy reply from the Steam Packet, it is because it was booked as a 'Motorhome' instead of a 'Camper'.

Motorhomes which are define as being over 6.5 metres can not be booked online.

They are going to amend the booking to camper
15-02-2018, 10:31 AM
Find Reply
Electrajohnt Offline

Threads: 4
(14-02-2018, 09:58 PM)Electrajohnt Wrote: Advice please.
When will I be able to amend my ferry crossing to a more agreeable time. I assume the timing is critical for release of unpaid for reservations.
JohnT

Phoned Liverpool today, nice man said 08:30 onwards March 12th.
15-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Having queued at the Douglas booking office for 5 hours from 06:00 in May last year, I managed to get the outbound sailing I wanted, but not the inbound. It meant I had to stay on the Island until the Tuesday after it had all ended. (Having been a visitor for over 40 years, hanging around after the racing is not my thing anymore!)

I tried many times to change my booking, including in March when they release tickets that had not been paid for, but no luck.

I had resigned myself to those dates. However, yesterday for some reason I went onto the website, checked for 'better' sailing times and got the exact sailing I wanted in the first place"

A good result - thank you Steam Packet
05-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Find Reply