MOSSEY READY TO GET BACK TO BUSINESS AT DONINGTON PARK OPENER
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MOSSEY READY TO GET BACK TO BUSINESS AT DONINGTON PARK OPENER
[Image: mosseytesting1.jpg]
Luke Mossey - Pic by Impact Images

Luke Mossey was a podium finisher at Donington Park last season and as the opening round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship gets closer this Easter weekend (March 31 – April 2), the JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider believes his team-mate Leon Haslam could be his fiercest rival.

Mossey missed out on the Showdown last season after a huge crash at Thruxton left him sidelined through injury for two rounds, but the Cambridge-based contender has vowed to come back stronger when the season gets underway in Leicestershire and better his second place finish in 2017.

Mossey said:

“It felt nice to be back at the test this week on UK soil and Donington was good for us. We got a really good idea on direction and fine tuned the electronics as we had done a lot of the donkey work of testing when we were in Spain.

“We are in really good shape and definitely stronger than last year both from my side and the team and last year I had a second place to Leon so the obvious aim is to be better than what we were last year. After the end of last season I really like to think I am back now.

“Leon is the man to beat next weekend after what he did there last year, but it is so competitive that you can say Shakey or someone else will be there, but when it comes down to it you can’t leave anybody out. Each year is tough but there is going to be ten or maybe more riders ready to spoil your party; not just at Donington but every weekend, but I am ready to push on and start the season in the best way we can.”

The opening round of the 2018 Bennetts British Superbike Championship kicks off at Donington Park this Easter weekend (March 31 - April 2).

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
22-03-2018, 12:55 PM
Website Find Reply