ANVIL HIRE TAG RACING GUNNING FOR SEASON OPENING SUCCESS
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ANVIL HIRE TAG RACING GUNNING FOR SEASON OPENING SUCCESS
[Image: ellisonpredonny.jpg]

This Easter weekend will see the Bennetts British Superbike Championship return to action at Donington Park for the highly anticipated 2018 campaign, with Derbyshire based Anvil Hire TAG Racing aiming to continue their 2017 form into the new season, as James Ellison and Shaun Winfield both look for success.

Following a positive pre-season testing campaign in Spain and the UK where both James Ellison and Shaun Winfield worked hard on improving their base set-up’s ahead of returning back to racing action on board their Yamaha YZF-R1’s, both are raring to go ahead of the new season.

The Texas based Cumbrian Ellison heads into his final Bennetts British Superbike Championship season in a relaxed but focussed mood, and he is fully focused on making a winning start to his 2018 campaign. The 37-year-old is happy with where he and his side of the garage are at and is ready to take full advantage at Donington Park.

His team mate Shaun Winfield heads into his fourth full season of Bennetts British Superbike racing in a confident spirits. The Derbyshire man has worked hard throughout the winter on his fitness and has already seen an improvement on track from a challenging 2017.

Winfield welcomes Chris Walker onto his side of the garage for the up and coming season as his mentor and rider coach, in his quest to challenge for consistent points scoring finishes all year.

Donington Park is the team’s home track, and last year saw an emotional podium for the family run outfit, who are aiming for more of the same this year as they head to the famous 2.4-mile undulating circuit.

James Ellison:

“I am really excited for this weekend, it’s been a little bit of a drag recently, especially when we started testing in January. Normally shortly after testing you’ve got a race weekend. We had that little teaser in Spain, then I went back to the USA and it was 4 weeks before we got to see the bike again. We had then another break before we headed back out to Spain a couple of weeks ago, so I’m desperate to get back out.

“I’m still not fully comfortable with the bike yet, we’ll be doing some work on the rear shock on Friday, but we are not far away from where we need to be. We performed ok last time out, although we didn’t really get to push at Donington. Right now, we will be at the front, but to actually challenge for the win there are a few things I need to get dialled in first.

“This weekend may not be my last time at Donington Park, who knows I may come back and to do some wildcards. It is my last season in BSB, I know that for definite, because I’m not going to spend this much time away from my family again, but I wouldn’t say it’s my last race in BSB at Donington.”

Shaun Winfield:

“I’m so excited for this weekend, I can’t wait to get back racing and show what we’ve been working on in pre-season. I’ve been working harder than ever before on my fitness throughout the winter, which has certainly helped me on the bike.

“Having Chris in my corner is going to help also, I’ve said this before; what Chris doesn’t know about riding a superbike isn’t worth knowing so I know I have the best man helping me.

“Last year I grabbed my first points in Bennetts British Superbikes at Donington Park, something in which I want to build on and replicate this weekend. It’s one of my favourite tracks on the calendar, I’m in a good place with the bike and I’m itching to get back on track.”

Team Manager Gary Winfield:

“It’s great to finally get back to racing, our testing programme has treated us well, but nothing can prepare you for what out and out racing can bring. We’re confident of achieving what we did last year, and we want to go one step higher than we did in 2017.

“The team are working harder than ever in order for us to go one better, both James and Shaun are fully focused on their own personal goals and we are sure this year will be as good as the last.

“Donington Park is our home track and we want to put on a show for our sponsors, partners and fans. We’ve waited a long time for this, so bring it on.”

[Image: anvilhirelogo.jpg]
29-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Website Find Reply