JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI GEAR UP FOR DONINGTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI GEAR UP FOR DONINGTON
[Image: luke&leonpredonny.jpg]

JG Speedfit Kawasaki will be looking for podium points this weekend at the opening round of the 2018 Bennetts British Superbike Championship at Donington Park.

Leon Haslam and Luke Mossey have their sights set on the top spot during Round 1 of the Championship, following a successful testing programme.

The pair, who finished first and fifth respectively in the final day of testing, which took place on Tuesday 20th March at Donington, have been working hard though the winter months to regain their confidence and get back to full health following a challenging end of the 2017 season.

Derbyshire-born Leon missed out on the 2017 BSB crown after suffering a broken wrist and ankle during the final race at Brands Hatch. Meanwhile, team-mate Luke is fighting fit after recovering from a broken L2 vertebra following a heavy crash at the Thruxton circuit in August 2017.

Leon said he can’t wait to get back out on his home track:

“Testing has been very positive overall; despite some challenging weather in Spain we’ve got through everything we wanted to.

“Me and the team have been working hard to improve on last year’s package. We’ve been moving in the right direction and I feel ready to race at Donington. It’s always a great atmosphere there, in front of my home fans.”

Luke added:

“After a good testing programme, I’m looking forward to Round 1 and kicking off the season with a podium!”

The Bournemouth Kawasaki team will be gunning for glory on the Kawasaki ZX10-RR.

Team Manager Jack Valentine said he’s been delighted by the progress the team has made since the winter testing began back in January.

“Race week is finally upon us and the JG Speedfit team is ready to fight this weekend at Donington Park with the aim of putting right a miserable end to the 2017 season.

“Both riders and the team have worked so hard over the winter to be prepared and now it’s down to the riders and hopefully some good weather for Round 1 of the Bennetts BSB Championship.

“Donington is a favourite track for Leon and Luke so let’s hope we can kick-start our campaign in fine style, as we did 12 months ago.”

[Image: jgspeedfitlogo.jpg]
29-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Website Find Reply