Davide Giugliano in for the injured Eugene Laverty
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Davide Giugliano in for the injured Eugene Laverty
[Image: milwaukeehdr.jpg]

After his crash at the Chang circuit last month, Eugene was declared unfit to ride and is expected to be side-lined for a further 6 – 8 weeks.

In the interim period the team have drafted in the experienced Italian rider Davide Giugliano, who will compete for the team for the next rounds in Aragon, Assen and possibly Imola.

Davide most recently competed in the 2017 WorldSBK championship, and before that in 2016 finishing the season 7th overall with 5 podiums.

Davide has good experience of the Aprilia RSV4 1000RR to draw on, having previously raced on the bike in 2013 where he finished the season 6th overall with 2 podiums.

He will compete alongside permanent Milwaukee Aprilia rider and countryman Lorenzo Savadori, meaning the team will have an all-Italian line up for the first time.

Round 3 of the 2018 WorldSBK championship takes place at the Motorland Aragon circuit in Spain from 13-15 April.

Shaun Muir - Team Principal

"We are very pleased to welcome Davide to the team. At the same time, we look forward to Eugene’s return as soon as he is fit and ready.

This is a real opportunity for Davide to show his potential and we are sure he will fit in well. The deal will see him join the team for Aragon, Assen and most likely Imola.

We put no pressure on Davide other than to take each session and each race with a measured approach, and with the focus to grow his confidence and in turn his speed. We are all well aware of what he is capable of and we will give him 100% support at every level.”

[Image: giugliagno4laverty.jpg]

Davide Giugliano #34

"First of all I'm sorry for what happened to Eugene in Thailand and I hope he can get back on his bike as soon as possible.

I want to thank Shaun Muir and the Milwaukee Aprilia team for allowing me to stand in and for their cooperation. We only have a short time to prepare but the upcoming rounds are at tracks I know very well, and I have great confidence in the experience and professionalism of the crew.

I also want to say thanks to Arai and Alpinestars for their efforts in supporting me at such short notice."
06-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Website Find Reply