Mountain Road Closure Scene
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mountain Road Closure Scene
[Image: mountainroadclosureMonday.jpg]

Mountain Road Closure Scene- 12:45 Monday 28th

I don't know about any of you out there, but there appears to be a vast increase in the number of incidents leading to Road Closures so early in the TT this year.

Is this due to an influx of new never been here before visitors, or over exuberance by some amateur budding Michael Dunlop wanna be's

Sadly there has been one visitor fatality already into this years TT. Let's not have any more.

(This post was last modified: 28-05-2018, 02:20 PM by Malcolm.)
28-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Website Find Reply
Moderator2 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Mountain Road Closure Scene
An unfortunate side effect of the nice weather I'm afraid.
28-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
Yep, but I've become numb to it I guess over my years of listening to RadioTT it's more like 'when is the mountain road open'.
Let's just hope it doesn't delay the practices or races.
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
28-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

Threads: 4
With the weather likely to be good for the TT they will be looking for any which way they can to keep it closed for as long as possible. Anyone thats been going to the TT for a while know the length of the road closures gets longer year by year. At the end of the day its natural selection. Sweep em up and let the rest of us crack on.
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2018, 02:22 PM by Timmy594.)
28-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
Unfortunately, unless a bit more common sense is used I can see a blanket 50 mph speed limit coming in the not to distant future. smilie
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
28-05-2018, 04:00 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Makes me feel sad when I see the road closures due to accidents. I enjoy nothing more than a quickish lap over the mountain but you have to stay within your limit.
I really think there will come a time when the speed is restricted on the mountain for TT week but time will tell.

P

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
28-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
The problem is some peoples limits are more than others, too many people doing various speeds is going to cause accidents.
28-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Maybe in the future a run over the mountain will be only part of the 'VIP Package'!

smilie
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
28-05-2018, 05:28 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
there is no definite reason
some are idiots and ride too fast and think its compulsory to take risks
others get mixed up in the obove idiots
and some just get it wrong
but the police now close the mountain at earliest chance they can get and who can blame them ive been going to tt since 92 and the standard of riding for just pure stupidity has got worse
is it they bikes are just so fast out the shop now or is it people just don't know how to ride to there limits
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
28-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Find Reply
lhiggins Offline
Just Getting Started

I can't understand why for instance, there is not an open speed limit from let's say 6am to 10am and then a controlled speed limit from 11am until 3pm so that the fast boys can enjoy themselves and anyone else who wants to ride safely can do so later.
28-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
Back in the days when we used to leave the brain back in the tent we used to go out first thing in the morning and in the evening.

There were little traffic so we could stretch our legs and ride to our comfortable limits.

I'm older and wiser now..... I leave the fast lads to the early mornings and do my laps later in the week when the furore has abaited.

Use your head folks and have a safe tt

=======================================================================
See you on the island
28-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Find Reply
civ Offline

Threads: 3
(28-05-2018, 07:16 PM)lhiggins Wrote: I can't understand why for instance, there is not an open speed limit from let's say 6am to 10am and then a controlled speed limit from 11am until 3pm so that the fast boys can enjoy themselves and anyone else who wants to ride safely can do so later.

It would be limited all the time or not at all. Imagine the blame being put on the government if somebody died during the open speed limit hours when they could have kept it limited for that time too Confused
29-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Find Reply