JG Speedfit Gunning for a Grand Finish at Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG Speedfit Gunning for a Grand Finish at Silverstone
[Image: JGSPEEDFITBoysPreSilverstone.jpg]

Luke Mossey aims to join JG Speedfit Kawasaki teammate Leon Haslam on the podium as he strives to secure his place in the British Superbike Championship Showdown at Silverstone this weekend (7th to 9th September).

After a difficult start to his season Luke, who has encountered issues with his bike and sustained several injuries, has been battling in the middle of the pack to claim a place in the showdown, which begins at Oulton Park next week.

Luke, from Royston, is currently in 16th place in the championship, but with three solid podium finishes in the triple-header this weekend he could reverse his fortunes and secure a last-minute place in the six-man showdown.

Race organisers decided last week that this weekend’s races will take place on the National Circuit instead of the usual Grand Prix Circuit owing to safety concerns, following the cancellation of the MotoGP recently.

The shorter 1.64-mile track means that riders will need to complete 30 laps in each race, but that should provide plenty of opportunities for Luke to move through the pack to claim a good result.

Teammate Leon has already secured his place in the showdown, having secured 13 podium finishes so far this season, nine of them on the top step.

Despite his consistent performance the Derbyshire-born Pocket Rocket won’t be kicking back at Silverstone. The track has cost him in four out of his last five races, so he’s focusing his energy on finishing safely as well as in the top spot.

Leon Haslam said:

“Silverstone is one of the most iconic circuits in the championship, but it’s actually not been one of the kindest circuits to me since coming back to the British championship in 2016.

“We’ve raced there five times and I’ve DNF’d in four races and during the one I did finish we had a mechanical issue as well, so I’m looking to get some better results this time around.

“For me, it’s all about podium credits and obviously if I can go for three more wins that would be really nice to add to my current 32-point podium credits.

“It’s going to be disappointing to lose my 100-point lead in the normal championship, but I’m really looking forward to going to Silverstone and kicking off.”

Luke Mossey said:

“I’m really looking forward to racing at Silverstone. It’s been a tough year, but the final four rounds are at tracks that I like and that really suit my riding style.

“The team has been working really hard and we deserve a bit of luck. I feel this weekend is where I can get back on the podium and start turning the season around.”

Team Manager Jack Valentine added:

“As we prepare for Silverstone, it’s fair to say we are really at the sharp end of the championship now. It’s all about this last big push for podium credits before we head to Oulton Park where the showdown starts.

“Leon is secure in the showdown and it’s still possible for Luke Mossey to make it too, but it’ll take at least three podiums at Silverstone in the triple-header to be in with a chance of being in the top six.

“With three races at Silverstone, it’s going to be a fantastic weekend and we’re looking forward to welcoming all our sponsors and guests.”

[Image: jgspeedfithdr.jpg]
05-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Website Find Reply