Honda Racing Duo aiming for Dutch delight at Assen
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda Racing Duo aiming for Dutch delight at Assen
[Image: hondalogobsb.jpg]

The Honda Racing team is getting ready for round 11 of the British Superbike Championship as the series travels to the Netherlands this weekend (28-30 September), where Dan Linfoot and Jason O’Halloran will be looking to deliver two strong performances aboard the CBR1000RR Fireblade.

With five races left of the 2018 season, Dan and Jason are hoping to finish the year on a high and return to the sharp end, where they started the season.

Hosting the penultimate round is the legendary 2.822-mile TT Circuit Assen, which is situated in the north west of the Netherlands and with its fast and flowing nature is renowned for exciting, action-packed racing.

The 11th round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship kicks off with first practice on Friday (28 September) at 10.20, with race one schedule for 13.30 and race two at 16.30 on Sunday (30 September) – all times are local (BST+1).

Live timing will be available from britishsuperbike.com/live-timing

For all the latest team news across the weekend follow @HondaRacingBSB on Twitter.

[Image: Honda4preAssen.jpg]

#4 - Dan Linfoot

We’ve got two rounds left of the season now and we’ve just got to give it what we can and get back to the front where we started the year. We know it’s possible as I started the season with a podium, but with injuries sadly it’s not been our year since. But we’re moving now to Assen and it’s a great track and somewhere I really enjoy riding. We had a good year in 2016 and were at the front, but last year we had a few issues, which pushed us back a little. Last time out at Oulton was an OK round for me, I was able to make up ground within the group, so this weekend it’ll be key to start positive and make sure we’re in a good qualifying place for the races on Sunday.

#22 -  Jason O'Halloran

Assen is a fantastic circuit and I really enjoy this trip every year; there’s always a good turn out with local fans and some of the English guys travel out too, so the atmosphere is great across the weekend. It’s a cool event and I’ve had a podium there in the past and I have really good memories from 2016. Last time out at Oulton we had good pace in the wet and the dry, and it was a shame to have had the small crash in race two as that cost us fighting for the podium in the end. But I’m really pleased how the weekend was going before that and with that under our belts I’m sure come rain or shine, this weekend we can be strong and fighting back at the front where we should be!

Havier Beltran -  Team Manager

I can’t believe we’re at this point of the season already, it feels like yesterday when we were getting ready to start the year! We have five races left now, with two this weekend at Assen and three at the final round at Brands Hatch. For us the aim is to finish the year the best we can and we know both Dan and Jason are capable of fighting for the top spots as they have done before, so it’s not an unrealistic target.

26-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Website Find Reply