TT section times
Anonymous
Unregistered

TT section times
There are not published TT section times as last year, isn't it? Are they known only by the riders?
01-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Times, positions results
ITS All on my "Follow the TT" site.........

Please go to <A HREF="http://www.bbhmg.com/TT2004.htm">www.bbhmg.com/TT2004.htm</A>

I put this site together because I nearly didn't make the trip this year....It was built primarily for MY benefit but use it !!!
01-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Times, positions results
Many thanks, but I meant the SPLIT times (start-Glen Helel; Glen Helen-Ballaugh Bridge etc.) - I have not found any information about them on your beautiful web site. Last year they were on-line on <A HREF="http://www.iomtt.com">www.iomtt.com</A>. Is there a split timing this year too? Try and see which was the AVERAGE speed that the top F.1 riders were doing last year in the Glen Helen-Ballaugh section, and you will understand why I ask this!!!
01-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe these will follow when they have lit the candles and made sure everything works OK !

I think they are trying very hard this year to prevent the glitches they had last year, so slow, slow, quick, quick, slow until then.........Keep looking at the site I suggested, because what you want was all a part of the service they provided last year, but we had one rider with a speed of 1042 mph and another with a speed of -15 mph or such, so this must not happen this year !!

It is a good system which has certainly revolutionized the TT timings....no little men with egg-timers any more......

I'm pleased we still have the scouts doing the scoreboard thoufgh...that is pure tradition but I really would like to see a replacement Dunlop clock as it was in the olde days, and the bigbang maroon that used to be fired when the starters flag dropped...

Now we have radio tt and laptops to follow every move the riders make, so these things from the past have no place anymore !!

We used to watch from Kates and there would be an almighty bang and then we could hear the bikes setting off...

That was the maroon, it frightened every dog and cat on the island, the hens wouldn't lay, and when they did the eggs were square, and the cows gave sour milk ........Maybe I joke !
01-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Split-lap times, results
No split-lap times will be available for practice; providing the system chimes in on all four cylinders, we will have the race split-lap times in the expanded TT2005 results book that we hope(!) to have available within 14 days of the end of the meeting. When it is nearing completion, I will broadcast here.
01-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also I like pure TT tradition, Ian. For me motorcycling had its apex in the...20s-30s! But last year's split timig allows me to do an easy calculation. The best 1000cc. TT riders in the Glen Helen-Ballaugh Bridge section (about 13 km long) have an average speed of 151 mph!! (244 km/h). And it is NOT a mistake, it's the objective truth!! This was the maximum speed of a MV 4 cylinders 500 machines in the 50s. Now it's an average speed on a 13 km long section...
01-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Split-lap times, results
Bill, you wrote:

"we will have the race split-lap times in the expanded TT2005 results book that we hope(!) to have available within 14 days of the end of the meeting. When it is nearing completion, I will broadcast here."

You meant TT2004, didn't you??

01-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

"start to ramsey" always impresses me.......it used to impress me in the days of John Surtees..Didn't he average 120 mph up to Ramsey ?
obviuosly the mountain slowed 'em down a bit but in those days 120 average to that point was impressive..
am I correct ? Murray Walker makes a statement on the sound stories LP when Surtees arrives at Ramsey Hairpin well in advance of when he was expected !! x miles in x/2 minutes = 120 mph !
01-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Marco, Blame it on brain fade at Laxey. Yes, we hope to do the 2005 results as well!
02-06-2004, 05:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bill you say that we'll be without split times for practice - will we have them for the racing?

Sam
02-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

As far as I know, the split-lap times will be available during the races; let's hope the riders can remember to put the right transponders to the appropriate machines, there was panic last year when a sidecar showed up in solo practice, seems a 'sponder had failed and he borrowed one from an outfit in the paddock!
03-06-2004, 12:06 AM