A good start for Moriwaki Althea Honda’s Leon Camier
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
A good start for Moriwaki Althea Honda’s Leon Camier
[Image: MoriwakiHdr.jpg]

A good start for Moriwaki Althea Honda’s Leon Camier, in sixth place on the opening day of the Australian round

Moriwaki Althea Honda Team rider Leon Camier wrapped up day one of the opening round of the 2019 WSBK season in sixth position overall, closing just 0.465” from the front in the combined standings.

During the morning session, the Brit set the seventh fastest time, with team-mate Ryuichi Kiyonari closing in sixteenth position. The Japanese rider slightly improved on his performance at the beginning of the afternoon’s session but a crash at turn 8 put paid to the rest of the practice and he ultimately ended in 17th place overall.

The riders will be back on track tomorrow morning at 10.00 am local time for FP3 which will be followed by Superpole at 12.15 pm and Race 1 at 3.00pm.

[Image: CamierQuali1PI.jpg]

Leon Camier 2 - 6th 1'30.792

“We are satisfied with how things have gone so far. We’ve worked on a few little details, mainly to do with the electronics and chassis, and have been able to improve consistently throughout the day. There is still a lot we can improve on of course, we need to see how we’re fixed in terms of race distance for instance. We’ve covered race distance on the tyre and towards the end it was feeling difficult, but we’ve been working on this, also modifying the electronics and chassis setup, and I think this will make a difference. We’re not there yet of course, but so far the changes we’ve made are taking us in a good direction.”

Ryuichi Kiyonari 23 - 17th 1'31.790

“We started the day improving the feeling with the bike step by step. We were a bit further back at the end of FP1 but the direction was nevertheless promising. At the beginning of the second session, I was able to improve on my lap time in the early stages but unfortunately, I later lost the front at turn eight and crashed. I’m sorry for the team and for not having chance to set a better lap time, but I look forward to tomorrow when I hope to improve.”

22-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Website Find Reply