Leon Camier powers his way to a top ten finish in Race 2 at Phillip Island
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Leon Camier powers his way to a top ten finish in Race 2 at Phillip Island
[Image: MoriwakiHdr.jpg]

Leon Camier powers his way to a top ten finish in Race 2 at Phillip Island,

Kiyonari also inside the points zone

The first round of the Superbike World Championship has concluded today at Phillip Island (Australia), with the new Sunday race format which saw riders lining up first for the Superpole race and then, later in the day, for Race 2.

Having finished the ten-lap race in thirteenth place, Leon Camier took a step forward in Race 2. Getting away from the fourth row, the Brit was lying in fourteenth place by the end of lap one. Fighting throughout the race in a group comprising Sykes, Laverty and Mercado, among others, the Moriwaki Althea Honda rider crossed the line in tenth position.

Ryuichi Kiyonari concluded the Superpole race in 14th place and Race 2 inside the points zone, in fifteen place.
The next round will take place at the Thai circuit of Buriram over the weekend of 15-17 March.

[Image: CamierPIRace2.jpg]

Leon Camier  #2 - Superpole Race:13 - Race 2: 10

“Yesterday I felt really good and felt we had the potential to be pushing with Melandri and Cortese, but in this morning’s race I didn’t have the same feeling and struggled to do what I wanted on track. This afternoon I felt better on the bike, but I lost some time early on and that did not help of course. There are still a few areas where we are losing in fact. We have definitely made some progress over the weekend, some really good progress. But we have still work to do to get to where we want be. It will be a step by step process of improving.”

Ryuichi Kiyonari  #23 - Superpole Race:14 - Race 2: 15

“It was important to finish all the races over the weekend and to gain as much data and experience as possible. This morning we improved our position compared to yesterday, and it was good to be able to do so over a shorter distance, even if I didn’t score any points. We made another little step in the afternoon and reached the points zone, but of course we need and want to do better than this.”
24-02-2019, 01:27 PM
Website Find Reply