Todays Racing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Todays Racing
09-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Todays Racing - Update (1)
The sun is trying its hardest to shine through over Douglas, Greeba mountain coming into view now.

Glen Helen report is that conditions are excellent with clear blue sky.

The mountain is clearing quite well and hopefully the racing should get away on time this morning.

09-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Todays Racing - Delayed
The race is delayed by 30 minutes due to traffic still on the road and an accident at Handleys.
09-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Todays Racing - Update (2) - More Delay
A further 30 minutes delay for the start due to that accident at Handleys.

Reported Non Starters

18: James Crumpton
22:
36:
39: Phil Stewart
43: Carl Rennie
72: Chris Petty
86: David Clack

The weather looks good and fingers crossed the racing will get away at 11:45

Team Argentina (Cordoba and Parades) out in the pit area having an official photograph taken.

Chris Kinley chatting with Guy Martin in the Pit area and he was up until midnight last night working on his 600.
09-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Todays Racing - Update (3) - Further Delay
Yet another delay of 30 minutes due to that accident at Handleys, race to go at 12:15

Chris Kinley - Chatting with Shaun Harris and he says "It's a fact of life, that when you are down, you are down, however I am still very hapy and looking forward to it today. It's what happens in the race and not in practice, and that was last week".

Ryan Farquhar - new clutch assembly installed this morning.

Moly - "Must be awful for these guys having to wait to go out, don't get too many delays in the sidecars and what we do get is mainly due to the weather. I still get as nervous now as I did when I was 16. It is just as bad for the Marshals and all the others associated to the running of the races".

09-06-2004, 11:27 AM