BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team set for European return at the Motorland Aragon Circuit
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team set for European return at the Motorland Aragon Circuit
[Image: BMW-WSBLoo.jpg]

The BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team are preparing for round 3 of the World Superbike series at the Motorland Aragon Circuit this weekend.

Held in eastern Spain the BMW pair of Tom Sykes and Markus Reiterberger are set to return to action as they look to gain valuable points to their 2019 championship campaign.

The MotorLand Aragon circuit is an exciting venue for the WorldSBK series and sees a mixture of long sweeping corners, tight curves and drastic elevation changes. Totalling at 5.077 Km long the track contains 17 corners with 7 rights, 10 left and a whopping 1.2 Km long back straight… creating for an exciting spectacle for fans around the globe.

Following on from a solid outing last month at the Chang International Circuit the BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team have been working hard in sight that they can mount a challenge on fellow competitors. The main focus of the weekend is again to develop the new BMW S 1000 RR in only its third competitive race as a World Superbike.

Shaun Muir – Team Principal

“Ahead of the third round in Aragón we are looking forward to getting to Europe where we get some more equipment and are back with our race trucks, which makes logistics and life a little bit easier at the circuits.

We are looking forward to some aerodynamic upgrades which we worked on since the last race in Thailand. It was a lot of hard work done by all the guys getting all the vehicles and equipment ready for the first European races. With some good weather we can hopefully start FP1 well and close that gap to the top four and we will see how the weekend develops.

Both Tom and Markus have been training hard behind the scenes, they are looking forward to it and hopefully we can have a good run of results at these back-to-back weekends with Aragón and then Assen.”

Marc Bongers – BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director

“We’re looking forward to being racing back in Europe again. This is always a special moment after the opening overseas season rounds. It will also be exciting to see the team trucks and the hospitality in the new colour scheme, the classic BMW Motorsport colours, in the paddock. Also for Aragón, we will bring some new developments for the bike, with the aim of getting another step closer to the competition.”

[Image: AragonStartLine.jpg]

Tom Sykes (GBR)

“I am really looking forward to the coming races. We have two back-to-back weekends but obviously we are first focusing on Aragón. It’s a circuit where I have done well in the past, and I hope with the style and the layout of the circuit that we are able to be very competitive on the BMW S 1000 RR.

On most of the track we certainly have the chassis to do what’s needed however the only question from the previous experiences is our performance down the very long back straight which will still a bit of an unknown.

The whole BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team are doing a great job considering we still have to do a lot of testing during the actual race weekends. So my expectations are that we will be continuing this way, enjoy our racing and for sure the rest will come naturally in the not too distant future.”

Markus Reiterberger (GER)

“I am glad that we are back in Europe. Aragón is a great track that I like very much. Certainly it is a bit easier for me because I’ve raced there many times. Last year I got along really well and rode very fast times with the Superstock bike. With my qualifying time, I would have even been in the top 8 for the Superbikes. I hope the weather is good and it is not too windy. I also hope that we can take another step forward in my set-up so that I get a better feeling for the front. Then a good weekend is possible.

My crew chief and the whole team have intensively analysed and worked through the findings from Buriram, and I know that BMW will bring some things to Spain. It is important to work well all weekend, to constantly improve, to give good feedback and to pull together. I hope we can make it into the top ten and that I can reward my team for the hard work.

05-04-2019, 01:01 PM
Website Find Reply