Leon Camier and Ryuichi Kiyonari complete Race 2 at Aragón in 13th and 14th place
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Leon Camier and Ryuichi Kiyonari complete Race 2 at Aragón in 13th and 14th place
[Image: MoriwakiHdr.jpg]

Leon Camier and Ryuichi Kiyonari both concluded their Spanish weekend today at Aragón inside the points zone, finishing in 13th and 14th place respectively in Race 2.

The same can’t be said for the day’s earlier Superpole race where they finished in slightly better positions, 12th and 13th, but outside the points zone.

It has been a challenging weekend for the Moriwaki Althea Honda Team riders who struggled to find the best set-up for their bikes over the weekend. At the same time they have gained more experience on board their machines, collating a lot of important information for the technicians to work on to try and improve performance in the coming races.

The Moriwaki Althea Honda Team will now head north to the Netherlands where Round 4 of the WorldSBK Championship will take place next weekend at the historic circuit of Assen.

[Image: CamierAragon.jpg]

Leon Camier  2 - 12th Superpole Race 13th Race 2

“Today our pace and lap times were better than yesterday actually, but the other riders generally improved a bit more than us and so we couldn’t really fight against them as we were hoping to. Anyway, considering that we need to make a step forward in all areas of the bike, it is important that my injury has turned out to be less serious than expected and did not prevent me from being here this weekend or completing all the races. We collected a lot of crucial information and I hope that this will help us to achieve a better set-up and better results fairly soon”.

Ryuichi Kiyonari  23 - 13th Superpole Race 14th Race 2

“I’m aware that today’s results don’t really show it, but we actually made an improvement on yesterday as far as the bike set-up is concerned. I felt better on my bike in the Superpole Race, and I was able to make some consistent laps. So we further changed the settings for Race 2 but it ultimately didn’t work out. We know now that this was a mistake but we are making a great effort to improve and I think it’s always worth a try. We have another race weekend coming straight up and we’ll keep giving it our best.”
07-04-2019, 06:11 PM
Website Find Reply