O’Halloran leads the pack into Silverstone season opener
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
O’Halloran leads the pack into Silverstone season opener
[Image: OhalloranTesting2.jpg]

Jason O’Halloran returned to the top of the timesheets as McAMS Yamaha completed their pre-season testing programme at Silverstone today ahead of the 2019 Bennetts British Superbike championship getting underway next weekend.

It had looked as though bad weather would thwart the team’s intentions to get valuable track time at the 1.6-mile Silverstone national circuit, but with conditions improving after lunch both riders headed out on track to make the most of their final time on track before the season starts.

Completing 56 laps, O’Halloran was looking strong throughout the day, progressing up the timesheets in the final session. Making a number of appearances in the top spot, a time of 54’372 – just over two tenths off the circuit lap record – would secure the Aussie P1 to round off a successful pre-season testing programme that has seen him top two of the three official BSB tests while placing second fastest in the other.

Team-mate Tarran Mackenzie was in the mix throughout the afternoon, rounding out the final session just 0.4 seconds off his team-mate’s quickest time to place eighth fastest.

Continuing to learn the YZF-R1 in superbike spec, Matt Truelove enjoyed another solid test to place 17th overall.

The McAMS Yamaha team will now return to base where final preparations will continue ahead of the opening round of the 2019 championship at Silverstone next weekend (19/20/21 April).

Silverstone BSB Test – Combined Times

1  - Jason O’Halloran McAMS Yamaha 54’372 –
2  - Dan Linfoot TAG Racing 54’416 +0.044
3  - Josh Brookes Be Wiser Ducati 54’509 +0.137
4  - Luke Mossey OMG Racing Suzuki 54’573 +0.201
5  - Luke Stapleford Buildbase Suzuki 54’695 +0.323
6  - Andrew Irwin Honda Racing 54’771 +0.399
7  - Josh Elliott OMG Racing Suzuki 54’817 +0.445
8  - Tarran Mackenzie McAMS Yamaha 54’850 +0.478
9  - Xavi Forés Honda Racing 54’909 +0.537
10  Scott Redding Be Wiser Ducati 54’930 +0.558
17  Matt Truelove McAMS Yamaha 55’537 +1.165

Jason O’Halloran - Pos: 1st   Time: 54’372

“We’ve had a really good pre-season. All the guys in the McAMS Yamaha team have done a great job. From Monteblanco to Portimao and now today, the first time I’ve ridden the bike in the UK, everything has gone really well. It was nice to get back on to a UK circuit and confirm our pace as sometimes European tracks in high temperatures can be a little misleading when you come back to the cold British tracks! It’s nice to leave here on top heading into next weekend, now it gets serious!”

Tarran Mackenzie - Pos: 8th  Time: 54’850

“It was nice to get a few dry laps in this afternoon. The bike is very different in terms of set-up to what it was when we raced here last year, but it still seemed to work here too. There’s still some work we can do, but I’m confident heading into next weekend. It’s not the strongest pre-season I’ve ever had, but I feel really good on the bike and really good in myself so I’m looking forward to getting into next weekend and finally getting the season started as it feels like it’s been a long time coming.”

Matt Truelove - Pos: 17th   Time: 55’537

“It’s been another good day and we built on what we did at Portimao. Each time I go out on the bike I’m trying to make improvements in myself more than anything, with Taz and Jase you can see the bike is in a good spot so I need to work on myself and keep learning how to ride a superbike! All in all it’s been really good so I’m hoping we can have a good go next week. BSB is tough, it’s one of the toughest race series in the world but that’s why we do it! I really can’t wait to get started properly now.”

Steve Rodgers - Team Owner

“It’s been a really good pre-season for the team and it’s a great confidence boost to go into the new season with Jason having topped two of the three official tests, while Taz is really comfortable on the bike and showing positive signs and Matt continues to learn his way in this class. However, there are no points for testing and in just over a week’s time we have to do it for real as the season gets underway. The bike is in a really good place, the riders are feeling strong so roll on round one!”

[Image: McAmsLOGO.jpg]
10-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Website Find Reply